Monday, October 19, 2009

Four Weeks: Where Did the Time Go?

"I'm a movie star..."
Happy ONE MONTH BIRTHDAY, Avaree!! (Thank you, Tootsie for my outfit!!)

Mommy love!


Cuddle time with Papa Bear and Nanna D


I'm so stinkin' cute my Mommy just can't stop taking pictures of me!!! :)

Our sweet baby is four weeks old!!! We had a very eventful weekend and enjoyed our visit with Nana D, Papa Bear and Aunt Connie! Last night was Avaree's first night in her big girl crib. Of course I checked on her 23 times, but she loves her bed and we love watching her on the tv monitor! She slept there for almost 4 hours without a peep! We are working on our schedule this week and hoping that our nights get a little easier!
Last week I (very gratefully) extended my leave to 8 weeks so I have 3 and 1/2 more weeks with my baby girl. I'm once again on the "don't think about it" policy and hoping that it will be easier once the time comes.
Funny Story of the Week: Daddy was going to sing a solo at Pwood on Sunday so we tried to get to church (and did so successfully thanks to "the village" that helped me get us there) and in between church and sunday school I was looking for somewhere to feed Avaree and after trying unsuccessfully to nurse her in a bathroom stall, we found a handicap shower stall and improvised there... :) Needless to say, we don't get out much! :) It is something that I will never forget.






3 comments:

Jen McCrady said...

I can't believe it's already been a month! She's so precious!

Kerri said...

She is absolutely adorable. Do you get most people saying she looks like you? I think she has your mouth, and some pics look just like you!

Allison said...

Thank you, Kerri! Most people say she looks just like Brandon, but I see both of us in here. You're right: she has my lips and nose! :) She's growing sooooo fast!