Thursday, July 8, 2010

Fun with Avaree!

Avaree is 9.5 months old and seems to be learning new things every day! She interacts more (as if it were possible to interact with us more than she already did!) and loves us more! She is such a little love bug! On Sunday (the 4th) after church, Brandon, Avaree and I loaded up and headed to Bridge City! This was Avaree's first trip to Popa and Neesie's and it was long overdue! Avaree really did MUCH better than I expected! During the 6.5 hour trip, she took a couple of naps, Mama sang every song she knew and then made up some songs too, she listened to Mama recite her favorite book over and over again, and she played with an arsenal of toys! :) There were just a few screams, but only when she was getting hungry or tired! She did even better on the trip home on Tuesday. Overall, we found the trip to be a success and enjoyed spending time with our family!

Here are a few pictures from our whirlwind trip there!

Talking with Neesie!
We salute our military men and women!!!!
Reading the "Quack, Quack" book with Uncle Kenneth, Aunt Connie and Colton! (Backstory: Avaree was playing on the floor and Colton and his Papa were reading Avaree's book. So, Avaree crawled over to Uncle K, and raised her arms to be picked up! Then, they all read together!) :)
Playing with Daddy in the pool while cousin Colton checks her out! :)
Yes, I let Avaree ride in the Polaris, but only b/c Dad has been telling me about it since before she was born AND it has seatbelts. (And..i went with them!) :)
Avaree loved playing with her "friend" in Nese's big mirror!
Worn out for swimming and playing!!!
Reading her favorite book! :) She can turn the pages now!
Avaree was enamored with the fountain in the backyard! She kept wanting to get in it!
Watching Praise Baby with Popa and Speckles!

Back home... :)
This is how Mama is able to get things done in the kitchen now! This is the face I got when I took one of her bowls from her to wash--ha! :)
"Monkeying around" with my Daddy!
A smile for my mama!
After waking up for her nap, this is what I found Avaree doing... :)
Still has no idea that I am in the room....
"Oops...I'm caught!"
Cheeser. :)

Coming up: Tomorrow morning we take Daddy to the airport. He is going on a mission trip with the Prestonwood North and South Campus Youth Choirs. We will miss him sooooo much! I will post pictures tomorrow of his departure and specific prayer requests! Thank you!
Bartons

No comments: