Anywho, we weren't sure that we were even going to get to go due to Brandon's job situation and other committments in our lives, BUT... (amazingly) we got away for 2.5 days and it was wonderful! :) My mom and Ken had a beach cabin in Treasure Island (west of Galveston, near Surfside), so it was FREE and FUN! :) Enjoy the pics!
Avaree and Daddy while we were stopped at the gas station before heading out! :)
Avaree was not a huge fan of the sand. In fact, she didn't want to get dirty at all! :) What she LOVED (though) was jumping the waves in my arms! I must admit that going to the beach with a little one definitely provided a different experience as there was no laying out involved--ha--but it was wonderful to share that time with the pumpkin doodle! And...I'll take the beach any way that I can get it! :)
Her first time touching the water...
Of course Avaree spent most of her time chasing/petting Bella. She just adores animals.
Mom and Ken brought Avaree's swing from their house and rigged up under the beach house. Avaree LOVED it. She swang and swang and swang. Every time you tried to take her out, she would lean all the way over (and she weighs 21 lbs now) to try to get back in it. She fell asleep in it both mornings. :) So...we just carried her upstairs and put her in her bed for her morning nap. (Who can blame her? You're swinging and listening to the waves...I wanted to fall asleep too!)
She rides in style... :) (And...this wagon is amazing.)
Daddy went fishing with Ken and caught a trout--yay, Daddy!!! :) Avaree played and played and played with Granmama. Love her. Love this wrinkled nose!!! :)
We went to the beach twice a day for about twenty minutes at a time. I can't wait to see how Avaree will do next year. Meanwhile, she enjoyed jumping waves with her Daddy! I didn't get many pictures at the beach (unfortunately), but in my defense...my hands were full! :)
And...I'll take THIS view over anything else in the whole wide world...




1 comment:
We have the same wagon...It IS great! Carson adores it sooooo much!
Avaree is absolutely stunning! Love you!
Post a Comment