I grew up going to the beach at least twice every summer, and I want to cultivate that love for the waves in my baby girl too! Due to some logistical timing with some appointments that I had, we thought we weren't going to get to go this year. But, my mom decided to fly Avaree and I down early Monday morning and fly us back Wednesday evening, and it was perfect! The flight was only 45 minutes (and to my little traveler that was nothing!!), and it certainly beat a 5-6 hour drive! We had an beachfront cabin just west of Galveston, AND there was no seawood, no hard shells to walk on, no sand dunes with potential rattle snakes in them...just sand and ifinite ocean! Perfection! I LOVED it (and so did Ave--well, minus the sand!).
When we took Ave to the beach last year, she was only 10 months old and very fretful of the water. This time she was hilarious. She LOVED the water, but she did NOT like the sand. She wanted her shoes on at all times, and did not even want the sand to touch her fingers. :) My mom had gotten her all kinds of sand castle stuff and she wouldn't touch it! ha! My little girly girl LOVES the beach, but only if you carry her through the sand! :) The pictures are from my mom's camera, as I didn't want to have to keep up with mine (along with my daughter, our luggage, and the car seat on an airplane--ha!), so unfortunately my mom isn't in many pictures, but she had a WONDERFUL time. She has been promoted to principal this year, so she really needed a few days of relaxation before diving into the new school year! Enjoy the pictures!
We went for a sunset walk along the beach our first night there. It was just at the time where the tide has turned the sand crinkle-y. LOVE!
Avaree and Pop Pop!
Granmama and Ave watching Pop Pop fish!
Silly girl!
:)
Avaree took a nap on the beach every day. Mom and Ken brought an awesome canopy, and it was wonderful to just put a clean diaper and t-shirt on her and let her sleep! :) The wind was blowing, and it never even felt hot! :)
:)
My preicous angel.
And just a couple of minutes later... :)
ha!
"bye bye, beach." (Avaree said this over and over again at the airport.) Until next time... :)
Thank you, Mom and Ken!!! We had a GREAT time! Those three days will have to last me until I can hear those waves again. :)
Coming up: August Birthdays :)




















No comments:
Post a Comment