The two best things that I can do for my daughter are...1) tell her about Jesus, and 2) love her Daddy! :)
1) We talk about Jesus all the time. This morning, I asked Avaree who we were going to see at church. This was her response: "We are going to see Jesus, Mommy (and she points to her heart). Jesus loves me this I know, for the bible tells me so. Mommy, we see fishies too. And Daddy. And Mr. Mark. And Pastor Jeff and the suckers. Mommy, and the romper room." :) Love my girl. She was in my sunday school class this morning (Yep, tomorrow is going to be rough, folks. Would you say a prayer for both of us. I'm not looking forward to drop off.) and she recited John 3:16 for the class. Of course, her version includes motions and it says: "For God so loved the world that he gave...whosoever believes in him will not perish but have eveeeeeeeeeeerlasting life." :) More on that in her 2.5 year post (Yes, she'll be 2.5 on March 21. Tears.).
2)I love her Daddy.
I have only been away from Avaree for five days when I was in Denver on a mission trip, 5 days when I was in the hospital, and one night at a bed and breakfast that didn't go so well, so none of those entailed quality time with Brandon AND rest. Thus, my Brandon planned an amazing two-night adventure for the first weekend of spring break just for the two of us! It was wonderful and much needed! I was absolutely exhausted before we left on Friday night, but Brandon planned so many sweet and thoughtful things--it was just a perfect day. (Thank you, babe!!!) It was so nice to get away (we were only about 30 minutes away, but it counts!!) and spend time with my hubby! We talked about our goals for our next year of marriage, saw THE VOW (i should have brought a whole box of kleenex!!), went to Cirque de Solis, and had a YUMMY dinner!!! And, of course, it was all a surprise! :) I didn't bring my camera, but the memories will last!!!
We skyped with Avaree on Saturday morning, and she was happy as can be! :) When we got home on Sunday morning, I got the BEST HUGS EVER, and they lasted all day! :)
Papa and Niecey kept her at our house, and they said she was perfect! We hadn't seen them since CHRISTMAS, so it was really nice to visit with them. They left right after we got home on Sunday, and Brandon had the WHOLE DAY OFF, so we had a wonderful 36 hours away, and STILL got to enjoy an amazing family day at home on Sunday!!! :) Here are some pictures from Niecey's camera! I think they enjoyed themselves...
They took her to Babe's chicken, and she did the Hokey Pokey with the waitress! :)
I took this picture with Niecey's camera before we left! Love it!
Papa is so silly!
Papa is shaking his booty for Avaree in this picture! :)
...and Niecey is telling secrets!! :)
Precious.
Poor Speckles. I don't think Avaree left her alone much!
Do you see Speckles? ;) Yep, Avaree covered her like her other babies.
Thanks, Papa and Niecey, for taking such good care of our girl! :) It was so nice to feel like a human being again! :)
Stay tuned: Pics from the BEST SPRING BREAK EVER are up next! :)










No comments:
Post a Comment