Last weekend we had planned to spend the weekend with Ginger, Jake, and Timber at the lake, but plans changed when poor T came down with pneumonia, and I was diagnosed with bronchitis and ear infections again. We didn't make our decision until the last minute because we all wanted to go so badly, but ultimately, we all needed to be near our doctors!
Four days after my largest infusion of medication ever made for an extremely suppressed immune system, so our little family ended up staying in most whole weekend, and it was probably for the better for all of us--though we sure did miss our friends! Thankfully, T is much better now, and her Mommy and Daddy stayed well! YAY!
On our front, Mom Mom and Pop Pop came to visit, and Avaree had a great time. Instead of resting like I was supposed to (let's face it, I just don't do that well when there is a constant list of to-dos running through my mind!!), I cleaned out every closet we have in this little princess castle, and we still had a great weekend at home! :) Of course, we also had some yummy Mom Mom and Pop Pop food! As hard as I try, my food never tastes as good as my Mom's --even though I do the exact same thing!
On Saturday evening, we ventured outside (We hadn't been outside except to walk to cautiously walk to and from our car) for the first time since Monday because their was a "violent and armed fugitive" on the loose in Grapevine. The chase finally ended around midnight Friday night when they caught and killed the man about a 1/2 mile from our apartment. Sooooo, our girl had a bit of cabin fever, and she was ready to play on Saturday!! Of course I took a few pictures while we were inside and outside!
Mom Mom kisses!
Her current favorite books are The Kiss Box and The Princess and The Three Knights! She can read them both to us now, and I love the messages in them.
Have I ever mentioned that we CANNOT WAIT TO HAVE A BACKYARD AGAIN??? :) Our girl has been so patient and good with the little bit of shared green space that we have outside of our apartment. :)
Dancing...
Picture time with Mom Mom and Pop Pop!
Showing Mom Mom how to do her favorite new song and dance, "A Tootie Ta!" There is no way that I could explain how funny this is. I will upload a video soon. She cracks us up with this every night!
Exploring with Pop Pop
Playing "ball" with Daddy. :)
:) We had a productive and restful weekend last weekend. It was very much needed.






No comments:
Post a Comment