Back to Halloween! The girls didn't actually "trick-or-treat" since they were both running fever, but we dressed them up, and I let them sit outside for about thirty minutes while it was still daylight. Avaree enjoyed seeing all of the little ones that came down our cul-de-sac, and B got to sit in our court with our neighbors and hand out our LABC boxes filled with good candy! It was a great time for him to get to visit with them! Our next door neighbor set up a big table in the court, and everyone brought their bowls of candy over. It was a really neat way to visit and hand out candy! The girls and I were only out there for about thirty minutes, but B was out there for a few hours! We are praying that we can develop those relationships! They are all so sweet.
Love our front porch! I look forward to putting rocking chairs there one day! :)
Avaree dressed up as Tinkerbell, and I thought she just looked absolutely beautiful! There is something about the prospect of a costume and candy that makes a little girl suddenly feel all better! :)
She did not want her cardigan on under her dress, so I finagled it over the dress and around the wings!
I had them ready when Daddy got home from work, so Avaree couldn't wait to show Daddy her costume! :) We borrowed the little lady bug costume from our friend Kendall! :) It was perfect and adorable. Felicity was a few days into antibiotic, and she just looked dazed through most of it! She enjoyed being outside for a bit though! :)



I'm a little late on this because the last few weeks have been absolutely crazy. Felicity got sick for the first time with a double ear infection, and she was miserable. Then, I got sick. Then, Avaree got sick. For two days in a row, both girls had 102, and I didn't have a voice. It was rough. Then, just when I thought we were on the mend, the girls got worse. Felicity ended up with the croup, and Avaree wound up with bronchitis! Neither of the girls could sleep for several days (and F is still not sleeping since her cough is worse at night), and I was just exhausted. Avaree was coughing so hard that she was vomiting. It was crazy. Daddy is in his busy season at work, and he is in his last semester of school, so I was trying to make it on my own, but Daddy ended up staying home with us one day when we were all three super sick. On top of that, I was having major stomach issues, and I had a colonoscopy on Friday! I am so ready for a season of health, and I am so thankful for our "village." :) We have amazing friends!
Here's a picture from our Mommy and Daddy date to the hospital! :) Gotta love a man that will carry your IV pole and hold the back of your gown closed as you walk to the bathroom! :) I've had several colonoscopies before, but this time I had to do 48 hours of bowel prep (including three prep drinks--YUCK), and I think it was just overall worse because I was still nursing Felicity and taking care of sick kids while I was dehydrated and starving! Needless to say, I am so glad that is over! I had to pump and dump for 24 hours after the anesthesia, and Felicity is not a fan of the bottle, so I'm even happier that we are past that, and hopefully everyone is on the mend now!
Meanwhile, it's November, and my photography business is busy, busy! I have 17 photo shoots this month! Here is one preview photo that I know you will love. :) I loved getting to see them.
In other news, Avaree has made huge progress on her lowercase letters and the spacing/sizing of her handwriting, and Felicity will be seven months old in two days. I can't even believe it. She's scooting around already. I'll post her full update on Monday!
Happy November!
No comments:
Post a Comment