Tuesday, July 1, 2014

June from my Phone!

The first weekend in June Mommy and Daddy got to enjoy Emily and Jarrod's wedding and reception in Downtown Dallas! We are so old we left just as the dancing started though! ;)
Daddy is the captain of his Sunday night softball team, and the girls LOVE watching him! Avaree got to hang out in the dug out this night! ;)
…and Felicity spent all her time trying to get to Daddy from outside the dug out! ;) We didn't need any 14 month olds on the field!
At home, she has also become a CLIMBER! I have to watch her like a hawk!

I also found a local friend that can make GF/DF sugar cookies for Avaree's 5th birthday! She is going to decorate them, and I found this picture as my inspiration for her party! :) 

Avaree did two days of swim lessons. This is after she got out of the pool on the second day. After about fifteen minutes, it just looked like this--almost as if she had been burned, and within an hour, large welps developed on her arms, legs, torso, feet, and booty. I am still working on figuring all of her allergies out, but for now we aren't swimming in pools, and she is wearing an almost full body rash guard when she is in the sun and near water. I am also keeping her out of the direct sunlight as much as possible!
We also went to a fun park with Mrs. Holly, Kendall and Baby Wesley!
…and my girls have really started playing so well together! I love it when they start giggling at each other for no reason! 

Avaree got to go on a morning date with her Daddy! She was soooooo excited! I know Felicity will love hers when she gets a little older too! :)
We took Daddy to a half-price lunch to celebrate an early Father's Day!
Sister was entertaining everyone around us!
…and then we spent a long time throwing "prayers" into the fountains!
Big Sister was a happy girl!
We finally convinced Felicity to throw a penny!
Felicity got to sit in the driver's seat for a few minutes one day while we were waiting on Daddy, and she was hilariously happy! :)

Daddy led the music for First Hurst's VBS Roadshow, and the girls and I got to go one night! 
Avaree was soooo happy to see Mikayla, and it was great to catch up with our First Hurst family!
The girls played in the park for a few minutes afterward!
This is what happens when you ask Felicity, "Where is your belly button?"
So cute!
This is a sweet picture that I found of my Grandaddy and I from ten years ago when I was home one weekend from college. It's one of my favorites!

Avaree wrote a precious card to her Daddy for Father's Day! She was so proud!

On Father's Day, we got to meet G-Pops, Grandmother and Pop at Jay Jay's Cafe! Felicity screamed for the first ten minutes after we walked in (after this picture of course), and then she fell asleep on me, so I didn't get any other pictures, but we enjoyed it! :) (Felicity has a really hard time napping in the nursery, so she can't usually even make it through Sunday lunch!)

That night, after Daddy's softball game, we took the girls to get snocones! Felicity enjoyed her first snocone in the back of G-Pop's truck! Her first bite she wasn't quite sure...
Then, she came and sat in my lap to get more! :)
Earlier that day, Brandon found Felicity in the dryer! He had turned to our kitchen table to fold clothes (one foot away), and she had climbed in! 
One morning the next week, I looked up to find this. It melted my heart to pieces. I love that they are really enjoying each other these days. Avaree loves to read to Felicity, and Felicity LOVES for Avaree to read to her! :)
The next morning, I got this! :)
I try to do at least thirty minutes of school work with Avaree every day. I have some Kinder phonics and math curriculum that I bought for us to work through this summer. It had been a crazy day, so I asked B to work on some math with Avaree one night while I finished up dinner. I came in to find this! Felicity wanted to be a part of it so badly! She even got herself a piece of paper and a pencil! ;)
Avaree just LOVES to learn. I hope she will always love it!
We also spent some time riding in Avaree's car!
We met Maw Maw, Liz and Bryer in Longview a couple of Fridays ago! After much discussion, consideration, and prayer, Maximus is going to live with Liz and her family, and we enjoyed our short visit with them. 
Avaree and Bryer enjoyed playing together!
Sister did too!
Mommy and her girls on their first ever trip to McDonald's! ha!
The next day we got to go to a 75th birthday party, and sister just couldn't make it! ;)
Daddy took sister home after the party, and Avaree and I headed to church to decorate Mama's VBS classroom! Later that night, Daddy had practice at church, and then we took the girls for yogurt to celebrate Avaree's success with NOT HAVING TO WEAR PULL UPS AT NIGHT! We have this amazing yogurt place that has dairy free kiwi-strawberry yogurt that Ave just loves! :) 
Felicity enjoyed hers too! ;)
Sunday morning, my girls were just extra loving to each other--without any encouragement from me, so I just snapped away on my phone! ;)

Making their Mama so happy!
All I remember about this is that she asked me to take her picture! ;)
I was cracking up at this because Daddy was trying to watch the soccer game, and the girls were trying everything to get his attention! 
Avaree had a blast in her VBS class the next week!!! Here she is at worship!
Because of my class rotations, I got to go to preschool worship every morning! I was such a joy to watch my girl sing to Jesus!
One afternoon we went to visit Grandmother and Pop, and Avaree got a lesson on changing out Grandmother's pump! She was enamored, and Pop even let her help!
We also ate a lot of popsicles last week! ;)
I loved, loved our VBS theme this year! Agency D3 was awesome! My girl loved it too!
I was packing for our overnight trip to College Station that weekend, and Felicity was just too cute sitting on top of the suitcase! ;)
Avaree (far left) taking her offering to the stage! She was precious asking me if she could bring her whole piggy bank the next day! Melt my heart!
Here she is singing in worship!
Sweet Phillip and Lexi!
Pastor Eric called Avaree up to help him with an illustration before he prayed, and you would have thought he gave her the moon!!!! :)
Ave with her class offering bucket!
Friday after VBS, we headed out to College Station so that I could take pictures of my sweet little niece! I got to snuggle her a little bit after our pictures were over! She was such a champ as we took pictures in downtown Bryan! I will share a few after her Mommy does!
Of course, once we got back to Gigi and G-Pop's house, the baby hog got the baby! :) She loooooved holding Blair!
Aunt Alli got some precious smiles during Blair's happy time the next morning! She just talked to me and listened to what I was saying! What a precious little doll!!!!

…and then my Avaree put her to sleep!
Doesn't she look like such a natural? :) Precious baby with another precious baby!
This makes me cry. This girl loves "her" baby. 
A couple of days ago, I was folding laundry and looked over to find Avaree "mopping!" It wasn't five seconds later that Felicity had found her horse and was also "mopping!" :) Too precious! I love them so much!
My friend Kerri took our family pictures on evening after VBS, and she sent me this preview! The others are absolutely amazing, and I can't wait to get the disc and frame them all for my house! :) 

….and that wraps up the month of June! It was fun, busy, and it went super fast!!!

Hello, July! 

No comments: