Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Brandt Grows Up: He is O-N-E!!!

Our baby boy is O-N-E! 


Dear Brandt, 
One year ago today, Daddy and I got to the hospital around 10:30 AM, I was hooked up to all the monitors shortly thereafter, and you came at 1:15 PM. You were cuddly from the moment Dr. Neal placed you on my chest. You were wrinkly and soft and the most precious baby boy that I had ever seen. I couldn't believe how big you were, and I couldn't believe how quickly you came. You were so ready to get here! I love every little part of you, and each day with you has been more special. I love watching you play with your sisters, and I love how much you love them. Happy birthday to my sweet baby boy! I am sad that you are growing up, because I know that you'll only be mine for a short time, but I am so excited to watch you grow. Life with you in it is so much more fun! I had no idea that I needed a boy, but oh how I did! Thank you for loving me and bringing even more joy into our home. I love you higher than the sky! 
Love,
Mama 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stats: 
Weight: 24 lbs, 9 oz (90th percentile) 
Height: 31.5 inches (95th percentile)
Head Circumference: 47 cm (75th percentile)


Size: Brandt is still wearing a size 4 diaper! He is also still wearing 12 m sleepers, but they are starting to get tight! His 12 month pants are getting too short, and he fits best in 12-18 month clothes! He also wears size 4 shoes!


Development: Brandt is walking!!!! He doesn't walk everywhere, but he has taken 8 steps, and he gets up and down off the floor on his own so easily! I know he will just take off any day. He still crawls a lot, and he has also started "walking on his knees." :) He also has just gotten his 5th tooth! Brandt says, "Bye, bye," "ah oh," "mama," "dada," and "gah," He also signs "more," "all done" and "thank you."


Eating: Brandt loves to eat! His favorites are pasta, grilled cheese, grapes, bananas, taco meat, pancakes, green beans, hot dogs, chicken, puffs, squeezies, mum mums, rolls, eggs, apples, and pretty much anything else we put in front of him! He's the best eater of all our kids! He is still taking 3-4 bottles a day, and he will be transitioning to whole milk very soon.


Sleeping: Brandt gets his last bottle at 7pm, and he goes to sleep right after. He usually sleeps soundly for 11-12 hours. He wakes between 6:30 and 7am, and he has gone down to one nap a day. I try to hold him off until close to mid-day, as no matter what time his nap is, he will only take one. It is optimal if I put him to bed between 12 and 1, and he sleeps until 2:30 or so. We leave to get our big sister from school by 3pm, so that works out perfectly for us. Of course, if he goes to sleep earlier in the day, he will not sleep as long, and then his usually precious personality transforms into a grumpy little bear! :)


Playing: Brandt loves to play! After he snuggles with mama for a few minutes, he gets his first bottle, and then he is ready to play, play, play! He loves his farm! He loves his books: Brown Bear, Brown Bear, Moo, and Daniel Tiger! Brandt loves Daniel Tiger: He goes crazy when the show comes on, and he rocks back and forth dancing! It's so precious! He also likes Mickey Mouse, but it's his second favorite for sure! Brandt loves to "cook" in the little kitchen. He loves to play with his train and cars, and he also loves all the girls' toys (much to his Daddy's dismay)! :) Brandt also LOVES to be outside! He loves to swing!! It makes his whole face light up! He loves to dance! He also loves to "crawl chase" the girls around the living room and mimic their squealing. He loves bath time. He loves to tackle anyone that is on the floor! He loves to give kisses, and often those kisses turn into bites for his mama, but thank goodness not for anyone else (yet)! He loves, loves when we are all together, and he loves to make us laugh! He loves his people. He loves the Turtle Song. He is all boy (even though he plays with princesses), and we love him! 

He is the most precious baby boy that completes our family in the best way! He is literally more fun every day. His sisters adore him, and his Mommy and Daddy are so in love with him! 
Dr. Fikkert said that he was perfect at his one-year well check this morning, and I would have to agree!
Enjoy the rest of the pictures! Brandon and I had fun tag teaming to take the pictures and make him smile! 
Ready to take off!

Happy monkey!


My heart.
This little boy loves his mama fiercely. 


When he plays "Peek a Boo" he always puts his hand on his head instead of covering his eyes! It's the cutest thing ever! :)
…and we will conclude with some real life shots when 2/3 are not looking at the camera! :) 


I love these three!!!! :)
Happy birthday, little buddy! :) 
WE LOVE YOU!


No comments: