And just like that, Felicity is THREE! She is a particular, sweet, funny, passionate, sassy, and tender little girl that has stretched us from the day we found out I was pregnant! :)
Current Stats:
37.2 lbs (94th percentile)
95.5 cm (56th percentile)
(For the record, she is only 10 pounds heavier and 4 inches taller than her baby brother, who is 21.5 months younger than her.)
Development/Growth: Felicity can concentrate on building something for over an hour. She loves, loves to build towers and barns for her princesses and animals. She could probably do this all day, but her frustration level gets really high really quickly when her little brother is awake! ;) She loves to run and jump! She can count to 25 in English and 10-15 in Spanish (thanks, Avaree)! She also knows all of her ABCs, but she only recognizes 5-6 letters when she sees them. She knows all of her colors and shapes, and she can draw circles and squares really well. She has recently begun memorizing scripture, and she loves to put motions to her words! She has learned several sweet hymns from her BSF class, and I love hearing her sing them. Felicity loves to ride her little bicycle, and she loves bubbles soooo much. She goes crazy when we get to play outside. :) Though she is still shy at first and often in front of lots of people, she has really started to come out of her shell, and she's not even shy around "her people." She loves, loves her people, and she asks about each of her family members all of the time. She is crazy empathetic and wants to be a comforter to anyone who is hurting. She is tender to hard situations and anything involving tears. She loves to give hugs, and she loves, love, loves, loves, loves to be held. We still lay down with her every night, and sometimes I still rock her during the day. I try not to tie it to sleep, but when she gets up from her nap, she always wants to rock. :) She's still in pull ups, and though she does NOT like to be wet and wants her pull up changed immediately, she is not interested in the potty right now. I'm trying everything I can to change that, but this one is pretty stubborn! ;)
I love this picture. Felicity is always in her own world, and this is such a perfect picture of her outlook on life. She spins around through life, and she is seldom looking where everyone else is looking. She finds beauty in the ordinary, and she makes the ordinary things seem beautiful.
She loves her Daddy something crazy. She seriously just loves him like nothing I've ever seen. He can do no wrong in her eyes (and I think that goes both ways), and although she loves me, she REALLY loves her Daddy. :)
She loves her Daddy something crazy. She seriously just loves him like nothing I've ever seen. He can do no wrong in her eyes (and I think that goes both ways), and although she loves me, she REALLY loves her Daddy. :)
This girl is going to make a difference in her world, and she makes ours brighter in the meantime. She loves to eat. She loves "puh-sgetti," grilled cheese, grapes, pirates booty, gf chicken nuggets, guacamole, and watermelon. She may have become a little more picky as of late, but she still will always eat at least a little of what I'm serving.
This happy girl has begun to sleep through the night mostly. At least a few times a week, she does sleep all night long. :) I'll take it! She also still takes a nap every day. Sometimes it is a fight (like today), and other days, she goes down so easily. There's not a real pattern to Felicity's behavior, but if anything is "out of order", she is off that day, and she loves, loves, loves her routine. :)
This picture perfectly captures how much she adores and idolizes her big sister. She calls her "Av-uh-ree" or "Lolly," and she usually asks me at least three times before lunch if we can go get her big sister from school yet! :) Don't get me wrong, they can fight and argue like crazy, but they really do love each other deeply. They LOVE to play Paw Patrol together, chase each other, build castles together, and snuggle together. I am so excited for the summer to have them all together again!
Interview with the Birthday Girl:
1. How old are you? Three (fuh-wee)
2. What is your favorite color? Ummm, pink and purple!
3. What is your favorite toy? My magna-tiles and Baby Lilly!
4. What is your favorite good? Macawoni and cheese!
5. What is your favorite snack? applesauce and cheddar bunnies!
6. What is your favorite TV show? Daniel Tiger, Veggie Tales, and Paw Patrol
7. What is your favorite book? Dora the Detective, Chica Chica Boom Boom, and Princesses
8. Who is your best friend? My sister (sis-tah)
9. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Run, slide, and swing!
10. Who do you like to take to bed with you at night? Marshall and Baby Lilly.
11. What is your favorite song? "Praise Him, Praise Him!"
12. What makes you happy? (She just giggled over and over again and would not give an answer!)
13. What makes you sad? Bubbie got a shot today.
14. What do you love about Mommy? You hold me and keep me safe.
15. What do you love about Daddy? When he comes home, I so happy. I love Daddy.
16. What do you want to be when you grow up? A cooker or a Mommy!
This girl is the perfect glue to hold our three together. We love her so much!












No comments:
Post a Comment