Saturday, September 17, 2016

Our Last Family Fun Friday of the Summer!

#BabyFelicity update! :) Sweet Miss Mallory gave the girls some of her American Girl doll clothes, and they have been changing Felicity's clothes three-four times per day! ;) She wears jammies and night, and she always sleeps with Felicity! :)
The girls dressed her up, and she came with us to THE CIRCUS!
Avaree won a free ticket to Six Flags for reading 350 minutes in a month back in February, and she was beyond excited to use her ticket this summer! Brandon and I had planned to get someone for the babies to stay with, an we were going to take just Avaree on the Friday after children's camp; however, we soon realized that even though Avaree had a free ticket, it would cost around $150 for just Brandon and I to go and for us to park. We didn't want to disappoint Avaree, but we didn't want to spend THAT much money on this. So, we talked to Avaree about it. We told her that if it really meant the world to her, we would take the money out of savings and go, but we explained that it was a lot of money to spend on just the three of us. We asked her if she would rather spend that money on something that all five of us could do, and we told her that we really wanted her to give us an honest answer, and whatever she decided would be okay. Bravely and with much maturity, she chose to do something that the whole family could enjoy, so the following Friday, we all FIVE went to the circus in Fort Worth, and we spent less than $100. We even all got to share popcorn and a drink! :) Here are the pictures!

We got there early to see the animals before the show! Brandt was going CRAZY over the tigers!
Sweetest boy!
He liked the llamas, too! ;)

We have been to the circus a couple of times before, but we have never gone on the floor for the pre-show! It was so fun!
Please notice Felicity's arm wrapped around her Daddy's... ;)

Daddy, Mommy, and Brandt!
Mommy and her girls!
Brandt was NOT a fan of ANY of the clowns!
...but Avaree wanted to be a clown! ;)
This clown was sooo funny! We had no idea that he was part of the show, too!
This ribbon dance was amazing!! I think I had inner ribbon dancer dreams somewhere because I got SO excited over this! The clown that was sitting right next to us joined her, too! It was so funny!
Mommy and her almost seven year old clown!
We had to have a little attitude adjustment because we just can't afford for everyone to have their own snack and drink, and, of course, the other two had to be in the middle of it! ;)
Everyone is happy again!
One of the best parts of this experience was that we had $10 nosebleed tickets, but Daddy (who talks to everyone and makes them feel loved and valued) visited with a lady attendant for the lower section, while I was taking the girls to the restroom, and she ended up telling us that we could go sit in the $50 per ticket section, since it was not full! We were so blessed by that!!!
These two.
I love this little guy so much!
Felicity had to go to the potty during the tigers, but this is what we came back to! Brandt was enthralled!!!


It was such a wonderful morning with my family!!! We needed that, and it was a great way to end our summer! And, don't worry, Avaree's ticket to Six Flags did not go to waste. She got to go with the Brown family, who had season tickets. She said it was the best day of her life. :)

That evening, I asked Felicity to pick up all her pups and princesses, and this is what she did. I didn't notice it until she went to bed, but I had to take a picture of it! This is so her!

After I put the kids to bed, I went to my friend, Kim's, house, and we made 400+ sandwiches for the teachers, staff, and volunteers that were moving into Avaree's school the next day (it was under construction all summer). We had lot of fun! :) I'm so thankful for these sweet mamas and their sweet girls, who are precious friends to my baby!
Saturday morning, Brandt was ready to work on his dinosaur book!
That afternoon, I had the privilege to watch one of my former students win gold with team USA for the women's 4x400 m relay!!!!! Courtney was in my sophomore Pre-AP English class, and she was a gem. I'm so proud to have been a tiny part of her story!


On Sunday, I got to take my big girl to get a leotard for DANCE!!!!! She was beyond excited, as you can tell! (Thank you, Papa and Niecey!!!)
:) More to come!

No comments: