Oh this week was HARD! On Sunday, we noticed that Avaree wasn't really acting like herself, but paranoid Mom that I am, I had already taken her to the doctor once with such symptoms, only to be told that she was just "off of her routine." So...on Monday morning, I asked Mrs. Donna to watch her closely and let me know if she pulled on her ears or began acting lethargic. She was perfect for Mrs. Donna, but when we got home on Monday, she started pulling on both of her ears and just wanted me to hold her (not that I minded this at ALL). Tuesday morning I brought her to Mrs. Donna's and sat with her for awhile (I was late to school--oops--because she just was not herself and it worried me!) and then went on to school. I called the doctor's office once they opened and made her an appt for 10:50. I couldn't go (since my maternity leave took ALL of my sick leave and we didn't want to be docked again) so Daddy went and picked her up and brought her to the doctor. Of course, I couldn't get much accomplished at school and balled my eyes out (yes, in front of my kiddos) when Daddy called and told me that she had a double ear infection and was just moaning! Sweet Daddy waited for her medicine, took her home and cuddled her until I could get there. I knew that he was taking wonderful care of her, but still, I wanted to be there soooo bad. So, my sweet friends at school helped me get out of my classroom as quickly as I could and I was home by 3:30. I ended up staying home with her on Wednesday and, to make a long story short, she is FINALLY (on Saturday) better. Thursday and Friday she was just very lethargic, didn't have an appetite and was in pain anytime that she was laying flat. So, Mama did a lot of holding in the middle of the nights and even slept on the couch with punkin one night, but we are sooooo happy that she is showing signs of recovery! Of course, she smiled through it all, or at least tried to. I never expected to be so upset about it, but it broke my heart--especially when I couldn't be there to comfort her. Thank you, Lord, for antibiotics and baby tylenol! :)
The earaches took up the bulk of our week, but other eventful news comes in the Daddy department! Brandon has taught Avaree how to make "sherbert" sounds with her mouth and spit everywhere. As if we didn't have enough drool at our house, we are adding spit to the equation! I keep telling him that it may be cute now, but will not be cute when she is 3 and spitting on people! Oh well, at least she's smiling and I'll deal with Daddy later! :) haha!




No comments:
Post a Comment