We had a wonderful week and FINALLY have both Mama and Daddy well! After I got over pneumonia, Brandon got whatever secondary infection that I was carrying and then Avaree became very congested. Her world just wasn't right (Mrs. Donna and I came to this consensus), so I took her to the doctor only to hear that she was congested and I just needed to "watch her." If they only knew how much I watched her! ;) I ended up taking her back to the doctor on Saturday and her little body is just being taken over by snot. She has difficulty breathing and even though I use saline and suction her nose out about every 30 minutes or so, she's still just feeling puny. It's so hard to watch her suffer. Poor baby, we can blow our nose and understand how to breathe out of our mouths, but they can't! I'm hoping a little extra Mama love and TLC will keep it out of her lungs and ears!
This week we also got some tremendous news! Mema (Brandon's grandmother, Avaree's Great-Grandmother and one of my favorite people in the whole wide world) is cancer-free! Her scans came back PERFECT and showed the lymphoma to be in remission--hallelujah!! This was an answered prayer for our family and we are so thankful!! (Thank you to all of you who have been praying for her!!)
One of my friends asked me at school today: "So what is Avaree doing now?" :) hehe...This is one of my favorite questions! Are you ready for the answer(ssssss)?
Avaree is rolling over!
Avaree is blowing "sherberts" with her mouth. (Thanks, Daddy! You can be responsible when she is three and spitting on people--ha! Although it is pretty stinkin' cute, if I do say so myself.)
Avaree is holding objects and waving them in the air. (Her favorites are her lovey, her pink/yellow rattle, her diaper and her ball!)
Avaree is mimicking things that we do. (i.e. making sounds with our mouths and smiling!)
Did I mention that Avaree is SMILING from ear to ear? (Adorable.)
Avaree is engaging in conversation! Mrs. Donna says that she talks all day and tells her lots of stories! :)
Avaree is standing up with a little assistance.
Avaree is fully engaged in "playing" now. Before, she would just sit and look at things. Now she really wants to play and squeals with delight as she does.
Avaree is eating rice cereal and really likes it.
Avaree has full control of her head and loves to sit up and look at us!
Avaree can sing and loves to say "na, na, na, na."
Avaree is pure joy.
Avaree is our favorite girl in the whole wide world and she is loved very much. Can you tell? :)
These are pictures that my mom took at Avaree's dedication last weekend. Enjoy!








No comments:
Post a Comment