Thank you so much for praying for Avaree. Our day started very early this morning (or at least mine did...at 4 am!) and I am happy to report that we were home by 8:15am. (We were very pleased with the facilities and staff at the brand new Methodist Mckinney Hospital!) The surgery (all five minutes of it) and aftermath was a bit traumatic for Avaree in that she woke up hurting and scared b/c she didn't see Mama or Daddy anywhere, but once I was able to get to her, feed her and love on her (maybe a few kisses and a tearful song or two also), she was ready to go home. When she woke up from her nap around 10am, she was a very happy (smiley) baby! And yes, I cried, but I didn't really lose it until I had her in my arms and it was all over. I am so very thankful for a healthy baby and my heart breaks for Mommy's whose babies are in the hospital. Thank you God for nurses and doctors that have devoted their lives to pediatrics. They do amazing things.
Enjoy the pictures!
She kept trying to wiggle the pulse thingie off...so this took several tries!
Waiting...
Love her.
".......MAMA...what's going on??" This is when she figured out that something was happening!
I promise that this was just for a picture. She was carried everywhere today. Of course, all the nurses loved her and she was never left by herself!
We were doing the hot dog dance: Mickey was on in the room! :)
"My ear hurts and I am mad at all of you!!" Right after this, I scooped her up and sang her one of her favorite songs and she was silent. Guess what happened next? That's right...Mama lost it! Thank you, Lord for allowing her to hear better!!! :) Don't worry, Daddy got plenty of smiles and kisses once she woke up and the anesthesia had worn off a bit. We love our Daddy...he is the best! :)




4 comments:
So sad that she has to be in it, but that hospital gown is way cute. :)
Glad everything went well!
So thankful that Avaree's surgery went so smoothly!!! Praying for yall! Love you!
Yay! So happy she can now start feeling better :)
I'm amazed how good y'all look - in the HOSPITAL! and so early in the morning! :) Love you all and so glad the Little Princess will finally get some relief!
Post a Comment