Monday, September 6, 2010

11.5 months and growing!!!

This week brought a little more of a routine into our lives, though we're still struggling (both baby and mama) with the drop off in the mornings. But, Mrs. Donna and I think we have a plan to help. If you haven't seen the video yet, we have loooooved asking Avaree: "Where's Precious?" and watching her sweet little answer to the question. :) We have also been working on "obeying" since June. Avaree definintely knows what "no, no" means and is capable of obeying; however, one of her latest tricks is pretty funny. Lately, when I say "No, No" she will not even look at me (like usual), but will instead pretend that she wasn't interested in doing that action anyway and just move on. It never ceases to amaze me how observant and sponge-like she has become. :)

This weekend we realllllllllly enjoyed our time together as a family! Friday afternoon Ave and I came home to a clean house and dinner (thank you, DADDY!!!!!!!!) and then we visited with Uncle Spencer and Shannon. Saturday we played and played and played and went to our favorite store--Target! On Sunday, I ended up taking Ave to the doctor--and then we enjoyed having Daddy home for his last Sunday afternoon with us!!!

Avaree has had a runny nose for the last two weeks, but I had finally attributed it to teething; however, her mucus started turning colors and she was running a little fever, as well as having difficulty sleeping and eating. But, the doctor attributed it to allergies and advised that we have her tested soon. As usual, though, I am not convinced that this is all it is. So...I'm just giving her lots of liquids and love and we're playing the waiting game again! If you think about it, please say a quick prayer for her. It is always hard for her when Mama leaves, but it is especially worse when she isn't feeling well (and it breaks my whole heart in a million pieces)--and it will be harder than usual to adjust after having been home with us for a long weekend! We so appreciate your prayers!

Don't think that we were sick and feverish all weekend: we had WONDERFUL family time and took a trip to the Dallas World Aquarium!!! :) I'll share pics of that in my next post!

Enjoy!

"Mama....do we really have to leave?" :)
Avaree reached over and grabbed a Chinese noodle off of Uncle Spencer's plate. She decided that she didn't care for Chinese food. Then, she decided that fortune cookie wrappers were awesome. :) hehe.
One early morning...it was our yellow day! :)
She is VERY serious when she is pushing her walker. AND...she does not like to wear pants. :)

We had Lois kitty this past week. Poor Lois kitty...she was always on the run from the baby girl.
One of Avaree's favorite things is to lay on the floor like this and kick her feet. We think it is adorable!


 
Bartons

No comments: