She is eleven months and three weeks old now. When I think about her turning a year old...I cry. This year has been wonderful, amazing, challenging, emotional, joyous, difficult, precious, priceless, perfect...and the list goes on. :)
We have spent this week trying to get better at our little routine. Because of our drive to Mrs. Donna's and the fact that I start teaching at 7:25 am, we have to leave the house around 6:25 am every morning. So, that means I have to wake Avaree at 5:50 am. It makes me feel like such a bad mommy to do so, but it allows for about five minutes of cuddle time, eating mama milk and breakfast, getting dressed, and maybe five minutes of play time before we get in the car. :( But, the most precious part of all of that is that as soon as Avaree hears my voice in the mornings, she gets to a sitting position and lifts her little arms up to me WITH HER EYES STILL CLOSED. It is beyond the most precious thing ever. Then we sit in the rocking chair and cuddle while I sing "Good Morning to You" until she wakes up completely. You couldn't pay me a million dollars to sleep through that. ever.
Avaree did much better at Mrs. Donna's this week. (Still so thankful for a precious, Godly lady that loves my child and treats us like family.) We are also starting to settle into our afternoon/evening routines. Daddy is gone on Wednesdays and Thursdays, so we miss him VERY much, but I am trying to call it our girls' night and make it fun. If I wish those days to go by faster then that means that I would be wishing her to grow up even faster that she already is...so we just treasure every moment.
We are also getting a better Sunday routine, of course now it is changing again with Daddy staying in Hurst all afternoon, but we are sooooooo excited for all of the things the Lord will do through his ministry. Tonight, Brandon had his first youth choir practice and NINETY-FOUR youth came! PTL!!!!! Their theme this year is "Till the Whole World Hears!" If only we could all live with that at the forefront of our minds on a daily basis. Speaking of that...our Lord has been so good to us. I cannot tell you the hundreds of "small" things that He has orchestrated in our lives lately. Even as Brandon and I are beginning to tire of our seemingly endless driving, He shows his hand at work in our lives. Please continue to pray for us, though, as we seek his direction for our family.
Have I mentioned that Avaree likes to take her pony tail out and be naked? It's cute...for now. :)
Avaree has started eating more table food. :) Some of her favorites are cheese, plain spaghetti noodles, tortillas, green beans, and chicken. Here she is eating her cheese... (Yes, the table is clean. I am crazy about making sure she has a clean environment--promise!!)
Of course I couldn't get them both to smile at the same time. Alas, this picture is funny. Avaree is whining because she wants me and Brandon has just finished whining because I am making him take another picture. Ha. We all wore our red/white/blue in honor of September 11!
Avaree's pink penguin that we bought her this weekend....she LOVES her.
And gives her LOTS of kisses. Can you see her little grin? :)
She wants the penguin with her all the time... :) We call her Paz, even though Paz on "Ready, Set, Learn" is a boy. I'm pretty sure she just thinks Paz=Penguin, so we're sticking with that. :)
We love the Cowboys! :)
:) Love this little face...
This week, Avaree has LOVED singing "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and the "ABC" song. :) She is my little buddy and I love her so. We laugh and play and sing silly songs all the time. She is amazing. I can't imagine being any prouder of her, and she isn't even one yet!
My cup overflows.




No comments:
Post a Comment