Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Three Aggies, two monkeys, and a baby girl...oh my! :)

 Look at that sweet face! It's hard to believe that she will be thirteen months old tomorrow. My students tell me all the time that it seems like just yesterday that I was pregnant. They are so right! But...sooo much has happened since then! Can you believe that we are walking EVERYWHERE! There is very little (if any) crawling now. Avaree gets up on her own and just walks. It's amazing to watch. Her current method of choice (as Brandon has oh so affectionally named "the linebacker move") is to stick her butt in the air and put her hands on the ground. She waits until she has her balance and then she lifts her arms and walks! :) Her vocabulary has also increased.

Every morning this week, as I have said "bye, bye, Mommy loves you" before leaving Mrs. Donna's house, my child has looked straight into my eyes and (with the sweetest voice you have ever heard) said "bye, bye." Be still my heart! On Monday, I lost it. Even though I am soooo proud of her and happy that I don't have to leave her crying, there is still a little piece of my heart that longs for my baby again. Alas...she's growing and it's amazing. Also, her latest word is "gabba" and, in fact, she usually says "gabba gabba!" :) If you have a toddler in your family, you are likely familiar with the culprit of this word! :) Brandon is not a fan of the show, but it teaches good things, sings silly songs and Avaree loves it, so she and I watch it sometimes when B is gone. hehe.

It is so amazing to have conversations with Avaree now. She actually understands a lot and starting to use some of her signs more too. She copies everything I say and her versions of the words are always so sweet-sounding. She is just such a little person and such a joy to be around.

Also...if you can't tell by the suprisingly beautiful picture above...we got a new camera! THANK YOU POPPA AND NIECEY! I LOVE IT! Of course, I haven't had much time to play with it, but I hope to learn more soon! The difference in the picture quality is astounding...

Enjoy the pictures!

Kisses for Daddy...
 Kiss for Mama...
 Crazy Mama...I'm in the business of making her laugh, so I have no idea what I'm doing here. :)
The Fort Worth Zoo!!!
A couple of weeks ago, Brandon and I took Ave to the Forth Worth Zoo after church! It was soooo much fun! We learned a lot (in terms of what to do next time) and can't wait to go back! :) 

Daddy and Avaree looking at the opening primate exhibit. Avaree was mesmorized by all the people. She's a people watcher like her parents. :) 


I looooooooooooooooove this picture.
 The Silverback Gorilla...he was looking right at us!!!!!!!
 Avaree looking at "the big monkey!"

Here's why...he was also looking right at us! I asked Brandon if maybe Avaree thought it was a hairy person? She just giggled and giggled at him.
 Again...people watching, while B takes in more animals. :)
 But this is what we spent most of our time doing!! :) It took a little longer to get through the zoo than expected: Somebody decided that she would like to walk it. :)
 And then she got tired and rode on Daddy's shoulders!

Last weekend, my Mom and Ken came in to visit and we had lots of fun! They even got to babysit Saturday night while Daddy and I went on our first date sine June! Thanks so much Granmama and Granpapa! :) My mom always makes everything better anyway, so having her here is always wonderful!


Also, we are now on the countdown for Miss Berkeley Alise Tingle's arrival! Laruen's due date is November 9, but Berkeley could arrive at any time now, so please keep Lauren and Berkeley in your prayers!!!


Bartons

No comments: