So, this post is not really about finances, but it sort of is, and I needed the alliteration to work! :)
The weekend after Easter, Mom Mom and Pop Pop came to visit. They got to our house on Friday evening, and they left late Saturday night. We had a great time! (Mom, I'm so sorry that I don't have any pictures from my camera! I'll add them when I get some from your camera! We LOVE you!)
Mommy made monkey bread for breakfast Saturday morning, and we all sat at Avaree's table to eat! :)
Mommy and Daddy left right after breakfast to go car shopping. We had no intention of buying that day unless we got the perfect deal, and that is exactly what we got! B had a weather-related accident the day of the crazy tornadoes (Praise the Lord that everyone was safe through that crazy experience! I was totally fine with my group of students that I had moved downstairs until Pete Delkus (the weather man on Ch. 8) said that a tornado had touched down at Trinity Mills and the Tollway. That is just a mile or two from Avaree's school. All I could do was take care of other people's (big) children, and pray that someone else was taking care of mine! Then, I got the call from Brandon, and my heart dropped. I was never so happy than when I had both of my loves with me (and safe) that evening. Thank you, Jesus!) Anyway, B and I shared a car for a couple of weeks (which is hardest on Wednesday and Sundays, and I had to ask for rides and help several times--thank you Carrie and Ginger!), but the insurance eventually totaled out B's car. Even though we had enjoyed a few months without a car payment and didn't plan to buy anything any time soon, the Lord blessed us by the insurance giving us way more than we thought we would get for the Sonota! So, we got a Chevy Equinox. We did lots (and lots and lots) of research, test drove, and ultimately decided that this vehicle would be best for our family right now. It gets great gas mileage, and the monthly payments are less than my car payments were. (Thank you, Lord.) I don't do well with big purchases (and by big, I mean over 30 dollars, ha!), but Brandon was amazing. We have never bought a vehicle "together," but he was wonderful, and I got the exact price that I wanted to pay--and then it turned out being even less than that! :) However, I didn't want to spend any more time away from my baby (and knew I had a baby shower to go to in a couple of hours), so I was content to leave once I had signed the papers, and B drove the new car home a little while later!
Pulling in for the first time! We did some major cleaning last Saturday, and now both cars fit well in our tiny garage! :)
Avaree liked it so much that she didn't want to get out! :)

The weekend after Easter, Mom Mom and Pop Pop came to visit. They got to our house on Friday evening, and they left late Saturday night. We had a great time! (Mom, I'm so sorry that I don't have any pictures from my camera! I'll add them when I get some from your camera! We LOVE you!)
Mommy made monkey bread for breakfast Saturday morning, and we all sat at Avaree's table to eat! :)
Mommy and Daddy left right after breakfast to go car shopping. We had no intention of buying that day unless we got the perfect deal, and that is exactly what we got! B had a weather-related accident the day of the crazy tornadoes (Praise the Lord that everyone was safe through that crazy experience! I was totally fine with my group of students that I had moved downstairs until Pete Delkus (the weather man on Ch. 8) said that a tornado had touched down at Trinity Mills and the Tollway. That is just a mile or two from Avaree's school. All I could do was take care of other people's (big) children, and pray that someone else was taking care of mine! Then, I got the call from Brandon, and my heart dropped. I was never so happy than when I had both of my loves with me (and safe) that evening. Thank you, Jesus!) Anyway, B and I shared a car for a couple of weeks (which is hardest on Wednesday and Sundays, and I had to ask for rides and help several times--thank you Carrie and Ginger!), but the insurance eventually totaled out B's car. Even though we had enjoyed a few months without a car payment and didn't plan to buy anything any time soon, the Lord blessed us by the insurance giving us way more than we thought we would get for the Sonota! So, we got a Chevy Equinox. We did lots (and lots and lots) of research, test drove, and ultimately decided that this vehicle would be best for our family right now. It gets great gas mileage, and the monthly payments are less than my car payments were. (Thank you, Lord.) I don't do well with big purchases (and by big, I mean over 30 dollars, ha!), but Brandon was amazing. We have never bought a vehicle "together," but he was wonderful, and I got the exact price that I wanted to pay--and then it turned out being even less than that! :) However, I didn't want to spend any more time away from my baby (and knew I had a baby shower to go to in a couple of hours), so I was content to leave once I had signed the papers, and B drove the new car home a little while later!
Pulling in for the first time! We did some major cleaning last Saturday, and now both cars fit well in our tiny garage! :)
Avaree liked it so much that she didn't want to get out! :)
She still calls it "the new car", but she always asks to ride in "the white car." She has even asked me several times where "the blue car" is. At first, I just told her the blue car was at the doctor, and that seemed to pacify her. Now, I just try to change the subject or talk about the white car/new car. ha! :)
Mom Mom and Pop Pop kept Ave basically all day while we were car shopping, and while I went to the baby shower. (So, of course I don't have ANY pictures of Ave with Mom Mom and Pop Pop. But, she had a wonderful time with them --as usual!!) It sure was nice to finally get to love on my girl that night though. I treasure our Saturdays, so it is hard when I don't get them. But, I know that it saved us future Saturdays at the car lot! :)
That night, we met up with Uncle Penser and Aunt Shannon for dinner! This is the only pic that I have--and it's from my phone! :(
Speaking of Uncle Spencer and Aunt Shannon, they kept Avaree on Monday night while Mommy and Daddy went to the Ranger game! Thanks, y'all! Every time we go on a walk now, Avaree asks, "Where Ranger, Mommy?" :)
The bottom right picture is Josh running the bases (via the big screen) after his home run!!! :)
Also, Brandon was gone to Washington D.C. (washing dc, as Ave says!) a couple of weeks ago, and I am finally remembering to post one of his pics from the trip! He and Mark had a wonderful planning trip, and there is no doubt that God is going to do big things with our youth this summer! Please be praying for Brandon, and all of the amazing people involved with this trip, as he coordinates, plans, and prays for this trip!
More to come! :)











No comments:
Post a Comment