Last week was crazy! We moved in all weekend, and then on Sunday afternoon Avaree wouldn't eat lunch and just laid down on the couch. Within minutes she had 102, and within a couple of hours she had reached the moaning and "i.only.want.my.mommy" stage, so I sat on the couch and held her for hours while sweet people helped transform our house of boxes to a place where people can walk around and find their beds! YAY! (So blessed.)
Sunday night I put her to bed, but by 11pm, she was up with fever and coughing so bad that she couldn't sleep. Within a couple of hours the vomiting started, and she and I didn't get much sleep. I called her pediatrician in Frisco first thing Monday morning (our records weren't at our Arlington pedi yet, and B was meeting with him that morning), so Ave and I drove to Frisco. She seemed to feel a little better, but her cough was really tight, and her breathing was like nothing I had heard before.
Dr. Crow immediately confirmed that she had pneumonia, and of course I had left my phone at home that morning in our rush to get to our appointment on time. On the way home from the doctor, Ave started vomiting in the car. We were in B's car, and there was not a save place to pull over. I was bawling, and so was she. Praise the Lord that when we pulled up in our drive way, Daddy was home to grab some lunch (since we now live so close to work)! He got Ave's antibiotic for me, and while I was holding her on the couch, she started vomiting again. We gave her some antibiotic and tylenol, but her fever continued to say high because she couldn't keep anything down. I called our Dr back and she immediately called in some Zofran. It took several hours for Ave's little tummy to calm down, but once it did, she was able to keep down her medicine, and finally she was getting some relief for the pneumonia and the fever. We had another rough night, but I had to go to work the next morning (I get docked every day that I miss now, and it was just a few days before the STAAR test.), so my Mom drove up and stayed with Ave Tuesday and Wednesday, B stayed with her Thursday, and I was thankfully off on Friday.
This was my first week to drive from our new house to school, so it was probably a blessing that I was able to figure out my route before I had a three-year-old with me. It was not fun though, especially since I was extremely sleep deprived, and praying that our sweet baby that can't have any shots would not come into the world while my Ave was so sick!!! Our girl can go from healthy to sick in no time, but I'm so thankful that she is all better now. :)
Alas, by Thursday she was fever free, and on Thursday evening, Gigi and Pops came to town for the long weekend.
Friday morning, somebody enjoyed playing with Gigi on her swing set in her jammies!!!! We LOVE our backyard! :)
G-Pops and Daddy were busy working on Mommy's bathtub (I have had a bath every night since they put it in! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!), and they had to use a jack hammer, so since we needed to get out of the house anyway, Gigi took Ave and Mommy to get pedicures! It was my first pedicure in over a year and a half, and it was Ave's very first! :) They even had cute little chairs just for little girls!!!! Enjoy all of Ave's little faces!! :)
Thank you for our pedicures, Gigi!!!! Mommy loved being able to relax, and Ave has shown EVERYONE her nails! :)
This is Uncle Tommy (Brandon's Uncle), but Ave calls him "Honey Bear", and she is just enamored by him! He started telling her a story about a family ski trip to New Mexico several years ago, and she just laid her little head down in his lap and was mesmerized by every word he said! :) Uncle Tommy also helped G-Pops and Daddy work on the bathroom!!!
On Saturday night, we went out to dinner for Daddy's birthday, and then we went to Braum's to thank G-Pops (not that ice cream even remotely makes up for all of the work that he did!!!) for working on the bathroom/bathtub!!
Ice cream makes everyone happy! :)
...especially when your granddaughter feeds it to you, right, G-Pops? :)
Gigi "shared" her cone with Ave! ;)
The next morning, Daddy had already gone to church when Ave woke up, but we enjoyed watching her little face as she opened her Easter basket! :)
Of course she found the chocolate first!
And then the cotton candy!!!
I knew that she would love this CD, and I was right! We have listened to it OVER and OVER again on the way to and from school this week! We can listen to it all the way through twice in the time that it takes to get from our house to Ave's school in Carrollton! We know EVERY.SINGLE.WORD! :)
Every Easter basket needs some "emmies!" :)
Pretty girl ready for church!!!!!
She loves to go say Hi to Daddy every Sunday before I take her to her class! :)
Avaree Grace sweet Emma Grace after church!!!
Our little family of almost four! :)
Part two coming up... :)
(If you have even made it this far!! hehe!)
No comments:
Post a Comment