She immediately went to check out her things and see if the reindeer ate their carrots. Unlike last year, Santa didn't come up much in our conversations with Avaree. She goes to a Christian preschool, and they do not promote Santa, so I think that made the difference this year. She did ask me about Santa a few times though, so I basically told her the truth. She knows that Christmas is about Jesus. She understands that Santa (St. Nick) was just a man, created by God, but that he was very kind and generous, and she also understands that, for us, the tradition of giving gifts on Christmas really comes from the three gifts brought to Jesus! That has also helped us justify her three gifts from us. We did give her a Santa gift this year. We don't want to take the magic away from her sweet little heart, but we also want her to know the Truth and the true meaning of Christmas. It seemed to be a great balance for us!
Every night since December 1st, we've been reading two Christmas books (besides her Jesus Storybook Bible) before bed that support Jesus as the focus of Christmas, and that has helped as well.
We had Gimli with us for Christmas this year, and Avaree had to show him everything! :)
She loved her boots!
Felicity loved her owl rocker! :)
Avaree loved her stocking stuffers! Thank you Target dollar bins! :)
Her big gift from us was a little camera! She loves to be my assistant and take pictures with my camera! I will do a post soon with only the pictures she has taken. She has a great eye, and you can tell that she takes pictures of the things/people that she loves! :)
…and she wasn't the only one that got a camera!
This is my "no you didn't" look! Get ready for some AMAZING pictures coming soon! I got a Canon EOS 7D!!! It's incredible, but I have so so so much to learn! It is exactly what I needed to take my business further, and of course to take pictures of my girls. :)
This is my second favorite picture from Christmas. :)
Felicity was all about ripping the paper and trying to eat it! :)
Avaree picked this out for Felicity on the clearance aisle at Target, and it is by far her favorite thing to play with! :)
Are we the only house that had ESPN SportsCenter on during Christmas morning? haha. At least he put it on mute AND made me coffee! :)
Santa left our whole family a 750 piece Cinderella puzzle to put together! :)
Daddy's first gift was full of presents FOR his present! :) He's getting a puppy for Christmas/graduation, and we gave him dog toys and treats that Avaree picked out, and Mommy picked out a cute collar and leash!
Then he found this little envelope and was very puzzled as to what could be inside!
I hardly ever actually surprise him, and this was a very small gift (monetarily and size-wise), but I think he was genuinely touched! :)
I got him a guitar pick that has "I still pick you" engraved on it! :)
….and then another toy for Maximus!
Meanwhile, the girls are already playing with their new things!
B's stocking stuffer was my favorite find! If you know B, you know he loves all the super hero movies, and I found Superman boxers with an attached cape at Target! :) I was so excited!!! He thought it was hilarious!
My stocking stuffer was a ball with a little contraption to throw it, so that I don't have to get puppy slobber on my hands! I also got several lint rollers! ;)
Sister was so proud of her boots!
…and painted for at least an hour!
….and now for my favorite treasures from our Christmas morning! Look at these precious faces! :)
My favorite!





No comments:
Post a Comment