Saturday, April 26, 2014

April, Part Two: Strep, Easter and Family Fun!

Bath is such a happy time at our house! If ever we are melting early in the evening, or we are just having a rough day, we just go take a bath, and there are immediate smiles! :) Perhaps it's the lavender and peace and calming that I put in their bath (haha), or perhaps they just like baths (like their mama)! :)  

This is a happy bath photo while Felicity was battling strep throat!
This was 24-hours after meds, so she was starting to feel a little better, but there was still a lot of screaming! Praise the Lord for thieves oil: Avaree never got it!
By Monday evening, Avaree was "teaching" Felicity. We had an alphabet class and a reading class!
My heart swelled!
The next morning, our happy sister streak continued, and the girls played legos together so very nicely!
Felicity even participated in the building of a castle without knocking it over! 
That made for one happy big sister! 
The next morning, Felicity's world was looking much brighter, and she was finally starting to feel (and act) like herself again!
Avaree and Mommy got some good snuggle time after I picked her up from school! :)
When sister woke up, Avaree wanted to be our photographer! :) 
Here's another set of bath pictures! 
Happy sister!
Sad sister!
(I can't remember what upset her this particular time, but both of my girls have a flair for the dramatics. I have no idea where they could get such a trait. ha!)
On Thursday, Felicity and I got to go to Avaree's Easter party at school! Have I mentioned how much I love getting to go to my girl's parties now? :) 
Avaree was super happy that we were there, and Felicity absolutely LOVES Avaree's classroom, and she thinks she is a big kid when we are there!


Felicity loves to take pictures! She holds the phone, flips the camera, and smiles! :)

The many faces of Felicity...
Avaree and her friends!
Trying to see if they can spot any "hidden" eggs out the window! ;)
Ready to hunt for the eggs!
Sister was all about the eggs this year! She was on a mission!




Showing Mommy her collection! :)
Avaree, the photographer, taking pictures with Mommy and sissy after her egg hunt!

"Mommy, will you take one with just me?" ;)
After the hunt, Felicity and I got to enjoy some time outside with Avaree and her class! It was so fun, and Avaree really wanted us to watch her swing! :)

When we got home, we put sissy to bed, and then we cuddled up and read books together! This girl can read better than some of my high school students could. It truly blows my mind!

Friday morning, we got up early and headed to the church to be "turn guides" and to cheer on our Daddy, Pastor Eric, Mr. Jason, and Ms. Katrina as they ran in the "time trials" for the Faster than a Pastor 5K! :) I had the wagon with both girls in it, but Avaree soon made her way over to the golf cart and got to sit between Mrs. Laura and Mrs. Christy! She was cheering for Daddy the whole time! :)

Papa and Niecey stopped by the church to see us on their way home from a funeral in North Texas! It was such a treat to get to see them for a few minutes! Speckles and Felicity enjoyed their wagon ride from Papa!
I think Speckles even tolerates Felicity now! ;) So good to see Papa and Niecey! And they got to see Daddy cross the finish line (and then lay down)! :)
Later that day, I heard giggling in the back seat and turned around to see this! Instead of reprimanding them, I grabbed my phone camera. ha! #momoftheyear I was just so happy that they were sharing! :)
The next morning was Easter!
These girls could not WAIT to get to Daddy after the second service on Easter Sunday!!!!
Our fam after services! 
We had lunch with our staff family, and then the kiddos got to enjoy an Easter Egg Hunt together! Last year, Felicity was still in my belly at this event, so it was so fun to get to watch her with the other kids! The only (little) staff kid missing is Baby Wesley! He was sleeping soundly in his carrier! :)
We love these sweet faces so much!

Felicity found and picked up two eggs, and she was SO proud of herself! She put them in Avaree's basket when she finally decided that she didn't want to hold them anymore! 
Pointing at another egg!
Two eggs!

Love my girls!

Avaree was so happy to show me what was in her eggs!


"A MONEY EGG, MAMA!" (Thank you, Ms. Loretta!)
We got home from church around 2:45 on Easter Sunday, and we all four took a nap! It was glorious! I can't even remember the last time that happened! 

After naps, we gave the girls their Easter Baskets!! 
(We don't do it on Easter morning because Daddy leaves for church before they wake up!)
This is Felicity's!
Avaree was beyond excited that she got the new Pirate Fairy Movie!!
…and this is Avaree's! :) 
(They weren't exactly even this year, but Felicity had no idea, and I'll fix it for next year!)
Felicity LOVED her little bunny and held her the rest of the day!

Avaree loved her book!
Then, we had a family movie night and watched Pirate Fairy together on the floor! Daddy had been gone the previous seven evenings/nights in a row, so this was much needed, and everyone enjoyed it! 

A couple days later, Avaree was supposed to be brushing her teeth while I put Felicity to sleep, and I found her putting sunscreen on her face! This was the result!
I have done so much research on sunscreens and allergies, and I have one more brand to try before I just make my own! I think i've narrowed everything down, and Ave is most allergic to titanium dioxide, which is even found in the "all natural" sunscreens. So, I'm trying one more that only uses zinc oxide besides other natural ingredients like shea butter and essential oils. I sure hope we can figure this out soon. Meanwhile, all sunscreens are locked away!
Wednesday afternoon, Avaree asked me to roll her hair before choir practice! :) haha! I love this look! Her hair is so thick that it will take a lot of spray and some layering to keep curls! 
This was the only picture that I took on Thursday! We were having some people over to enjoy "Dinner for Six" from our Sunday School class, so we cleaned most of the day on Thursday! I told Avaree that if we could get everything cleaned by 3:30, we could go to Sonic for happy hour drink prices, and she cleaned her room faster than ever! ;) haha!
Friday was family day, and we had THE BEST DAY EVER! :) We took the girls to the new Urban Air Trampoline Park in Mansfield. From 10-12, they have preschool and toddler jump, and parents get in free with the kids, so for ten dollars, we all four jumped for two hours! The girls (and the parents) had the BEST time! It was so so much fun, and we will be going back! Felicity fell asleep before we were even out of the parking lot! We spent the rest of the day at home, and it was glorious! We rested, played on the floor, played outside, and cooked together! We ended the day grilling steaks, baked potatoes, and zucchini, and then blowing bubbles in the backyard! :)






Do you see how high off the ground B is?
It was a fantastic Friday, and we are so thankful to have gotten to spend it together! :) Love, love, love my family! :) 

No comments: