Daddy left in the middle of the night on the Friday before Spring Break, so the girls and I had a fun and busy weekend to keep ourselves occupied!
We went to Little Elm on Saturday for Timber's THIRD birthday! She LOVED her Thomas cake! Can you tell? ;)
We went to church on Sunday morning, and then we came home and had lunch and play time with Uncle Spencer, Aunt Shannon, and Evyn!!!!!!
This was Evy's first time at Aunt Alli's house!!! I wish she could come every week!
Even though it was nap time for everyone (adults included), the girls enjoyed playing with each other!!
We played outside!
…and Ranger and Maximus played and played!
:) Uncle Spencer swing with the girls!
Max took a break under the swing! ;)
The next morning, the girls and I took off for East Texas! It was a LONG and HARD trip. It took 6.5 hours total, and Mommy got sick twice on I-20, but Mom Mom and Pop Pop met us in Longview (thankfully), and Mom Mom got in the back with the girls. That really helped. I think it was just knowing that if I felt sick, I could just pull over and jump out without having to get both of them and drag them inside to a dirty convenience store bathroom.
We had a lunch picnic in the Walmart parking lot!
Of course, it was worth it once we finally made it to my Mom's house. Blue skies for miles and the peaceful sound of the water hitting the concrete bulkhead and lots of quiet= peace. I so love being there.
Of course, before we even got inside, Avaree was swinging and eating a gluten free cookie!
Felicity just stayed in her jammies all day, and she was just fine with that! ;)
Happy people!
I was obsessed with clouds when I was in high school and college, and this is why.
I can't get over how beautiful my Maw Maw is. She will be 80 in December, and she looks so good! I can only pray that her genes are inside me! Every time she is asked her secret for good skin, she says, protect your face from the sun and eat a piece of chocolate every day! ;) At least I get my sweet tooth honestly!
Avaree got to ride in the Avaree Grace Boat and fish with Pop Pop!
…and Felicity enjoyed another beautiful day in her jammies!
When Avaree was otherwise occupied, Felicity LOVED to swing too! :)
My sweet friend, Kelli, and her two sweet girls came over to play the next day, and we (and our girls) had a ball! :) It was so good to get to catch up with her, and it was so fun to watch our girls play together!
Sidewalk chalk is always a hit!
Sister fished a lot!
…and Felicity got lots and lots of attention too!
I also took Felicity's 11 month pictures while we were there! The afternoon light there is just magnificent, and the weather was perfect!
Avaree took a nap with me on the swing that afternoon!
She also performed for us!
She told me that she was going to go paint in the play room with Mom Mom, and when I went to check on her, they were painting ON THE WALL! Only at Mom Mom's house! ha!
Meanwhile, Felicity was taking a wonderful nap in my room (and in my old crib--or maybe Spencer's, I'm not sure, ha!) upstairs!
After some painting, Avaree read books to Grandaddy! He was very impressed!
Then, Maw Maw came over and the painting resumed! ;)
After sissy woke up, she enjoyed some play time with Mom Mom! So sweet!
We left early the next morning for Papa and Niecey's house, and those pictures will be in the next post! :) It was nice to get to be in my childhood home for a couple of days and enjoy the country life. I love living in the city, but it is so nice to recharge in the country sometimes! ;)
































No comments:
Post a Comment