Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Our Dream Disney Trip, Day 2: Magic Kingdom!!!

In preparing for our trip, I read the 2014 Disney Planning Guide cover to cover. The guide gave me so much information including a description of every ride at every park, every place to eat at every park, and so much inside information! I also got a discounted subscription to touring plans.com, and there I created our custom touring plans for each of our days at the park! Six months ago, I made our dining reservations, and 60 days ago I made our fast pass reservations for each day we would be in the parks!  I used the Touring Plan App and the My Disney Experience App while we were IN the parks! They were both great! 

I could say that every day was my favorite day, but this may have been my very favorite day! :) We got up and dressed and headed to Magic Kingdom for the Welcome Show! The girls ate breakfast in the stroller on our way over, and we were so pumped to get to "open the park" with Mickey and friends! :)


The park opens daily at 9am, but the welcome show starts at 8:40 am! I couldn't wait to take the girls!  They Mayor of Main Street USA welcomes everyone, and then he and the dancers sang us a Good Morning song! Soon, we heard the train coming into the station! 

Looking up for the train!!
 The train was full of all of our favorites! Mickey and Minnie, Goofy, Daisy and Donald, Pluto, Mary Poppins, Elsa and Anna, Snow White, and a few more!!!
 They all sang and danced for us!

 …and then we counted backwards from 10 to help Mickey open Magic Kingdom! It was such a beautiful morning, and I B and I both were teary! It was so magic and nostalgic and wonderful to be there with our little family! 
 As soon as Mickey opened up the park, we headed down Main Street (with the other early birds) and followed our touring plan straight to Fantasyland! We knew that we would spend most of our day in Fantasyland! 

Isn't that an amazing view??? :)

 We began our adventure at Mad Hatter's Tea Party! The girls LOVED it! I could barely look over to wave at them (motion sickness), but I snapped this before they started!! :) They walked right on!
 Then, we rode Winnie the Pooh together, and, yes, we walked right on! We only waited once all day long, and it was ten minutes to see Ariel again! :) Yay for planning ahead!

This was Avaree and Daddy's first (of many) roller coasters!!! They are in the second seat from the front! She loved it!!!!
 Next up was Pete's Silly Side Show where we met Donald and Goofy (this was our second time to see Goofy, but the girls loved him again!!)!
 They were both pumped to see Donald! Avaree said this was his Donald of the Desert outfit!

 We were all so happy to get to see Minnie in her pink dress!! :) Look at Avaree's face!

 Okay, I love Minnie too!

 Felicity kissed Minnie's nose over and over again!!!
Mommy's turn with Daisy at another character meet and greet! :)
 Next up, we bypassed all the thousands of people in line and used our fast pass for Peter Pan's flight! It was so fun getting to ride things all together! There were several opportunities for that in Fantasyland!
 Then, we hopped right on to our boat for It's a Small World! Daddy just loved it when our boat stalled out, and we got to listen to the American version of the song over and over and over again! :) Sister loved ALL the boat rides!
 Our sweet girls being cute in our amazing (rented) stroller!
 On our way from Fantasyland to Adventureland, we stopped to see the "Move it, Shake it, Celebrate it Parade!" Woody was our favorite!!
 Sister fell asleep before the parade was over, so she and I headed for some shade, and then Daddy and Avaree went to get a special treat! (I packed snacks for us every day, but we did buy this special snack on a recommendation from a friend!
 
Daddy and Avaree LOVED the Dole Whip! Daddy sent pictures to Pastor Eric of him eating it! haha!
After their snack, and while sister kept snoozing, Daddy and Avaree climbed up the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse! :) 

Then, we all headed over to ride the Magic Carpet with Alladin and Jasmine! ;) 
 Then, we were on to the Jungle Cruise! Sister loved the elephants and waterfalls! :) Ave loved looking at the people!

 After that, we headed to lunch! Can you believe that we did ALL of that before 12:30 pm? We had the best morning! We had a cheap lunch at Pinnochio's Haus back in Fantasyland, so that we could be ready for Daddy and Ave to ride the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Roller Coaster on a fast pass at 1:15! They walked right now, and they LOVED it! Daddy especially loved that the wait time was 73 minutes, and he didn't wait at all! :)

After that, we rode Dumbo together (one of the girls' favorites! We rode it at least 4 times while we were there!), and Daddy and Avaree rode the Barnstormer again, since there was no wait time! Next, it was time for the only waiting of our day! We waited for ten minutes because Avaree really wanted to see Ariel in her grotto! :)



Then, it was time for one of my very favorite parts of the whole day! We went and got our front row spots for the Festival of Fantasy Parade!!!! This is Avaree's excited face!!!!

Beauty and the Beast opened the parade!!! It was soooooo much fun! Felicity ended up falling asleep (for nap #2 of the day) right before the parade started, so it was really fun to get to spend this special time with Avaree! :)
 She (okay, we) went bananas when we saw Elsa and Anna!!!!
She waved at everyone!!!
 We ended our day with an awesome Fast Pass that I was able to switch for an earlier time at the last minute (Thank you, My Disney Experience App!). We had a pass for 5:20, but I was able to get one for 4:20, so we headed to tomorrowland for Daddy and Avaree to ride my very favorite ride, Space Mountain!!! Felicity and I enjoyed playing in the area around the entrance to Space Mountain while Daddy and Ave rode! 
 Somehow, she spotted the camera! :) B said she loved it!
 On our way out, we paused for a picture in front of the castle! As you can tell, it was about to rain! God was so so good to us though! It was around 4:30, and we were walking out of the park. It was cool and smelled like it would rain at any second, but it did rain a drop until we were out of the park, under the awning, and about to step onto the monorail to head back to our hotel! 

Thank you, Lord, for a wonderful day! We spent our evening relaxing in our hotel, eating Rice Krispies (we tried to just eat one sit down meal per day), and playing with our girls! Daddy got ready to head out on his adventure to get to the Aggie game! He rode a bus, a monorail, and a boat to get to the Boardwalk to watch the game! :) I put our happy, sleepy girls to bed, and I enjoyed an evening of reading while listening to the fireworks and rain from Magic Kingdom! :)

Day 2 was so amazing! :) Stay Tuned for Day 3: Magic Kingdom again!

No comments: