Wednesday, June 3, 2015

A Chapter Closes: My First Baby is Finished with Pre-K

It feels like just a little while ago that I was getting up at 4:30 am, showering, pumping, and waking my itty bitty baby at 5:30 AM to eat and dress, so that we could be in the car by 6 am and headed to Mrs. Donna's house. The only reprieve from my consistent and nagging Mommy guilt was that she was at Mrs. Donna's house where she was loved on every second of the day. When she was itty bitty, she even had her own pack 'n play in Mrs. Donna's bedroom, and when she got bigger, she had her own room for nap. God provided the perfect place for her, but, oh was it ever hard. I cried every morning for a year, and then it was off an on for two and a half more years when I dropped her off at school. Once she moved to her first "school setting" at 20 months old, she had to be peeled off of me every morning. But, you know, I'll never forget seeing her little face peeking out of the window waiting for me to walk up every afternoon. It was the highlight of my day. Every evening and weekend was quality time. My heart so longed to be with her more (thus my extreme gratefulness for the past two years of being home with my babies). Now, Avaree runs into school and cannot wait for her Tuesdays and Thursdays! I say all of that because I'm writing these books (I print my blog each year into a book.) for my babies. I want them to hear my heart. Anyway, as I was walking (with my two-year old and four-month old) into Avaree's school on her last day of Pre-K, I was just filled with so many overwhelming feelings. How could I possibly be so blessed as to even get to attend this party? How am I a Mommy to three precious kids? How did five and a half years go by so quickly? I was overcome with thankfulness. It is not lost on me that I had the privilege this last semester to be home with all three of my babies for the last time. Avaree only went to school two days a week, and we had three days a week at home together. I prayed for so long that God would give me the desires of my heart and allow me to be home with my baby, and he multiplied that times three. What a gift. From here on, things will change. Avaree will go to Kinder, and our days at home together will be less. In fact, once Kinder hits, there is no turning back. Brandon laughed at me the other day as I was crying over the fact that I only have thirteen years left with her. :) I may go back to work in some fashion, she may be at school, but I am forever grateful for this time. It has been such a tremendous gift. 
Now, back to the last day of Pre-K! 
Avaree dressed in her rash guard ready for her water day on her last day of school! 
 This is her on her first day of Pre-K (in August 2014) and her last day of Pre-K (in May 2015)! I cannot get over how much she has grown! She is such a big girl now! She also gained a baby brother this year! What a big year she has had! 

 When I got to her school, they had just finished their water time, and she was hanging out with her friends eating her sno-cone! This is sweet Ava Grace and Avaree Grace! Ava and Avaree are BFF (her words, ha!), and they will both be going to the Fine Arts/Dual Language Kinder next year! Two other friends from her class are going also!
 Little brother was staring down the sno-cones!
 The girls in Avaree's class!
 Working on signing everyone's picture frames!
 She loves to write her name! She's started trying to do bubble letters! ;)
 She had just changed out of her wet clothes, and I didn't know they would be giving them these hats and taking pictures, or I would have packed a cuter outfit! Oh well, the girl is the cutest! :) 
 This gave me a lump in my throat!
 Love this blue-eyed girl!
 Her sis was so proud to be there too!

 Daddy got to come!!! I tried to take a picture of us, but my boys didn't want to smile! ;)
 Sweet picture frames!
 Daddy, Avaree, and sister posing by the "2015" decor! :)

 Avaree, brother, and Mama!
 Brother doing his Paw Paw move! My Paw Paw always put his hand on the back of his head like that. 
 Big girl enjoying her party!
 Be still my heart!
 I love this picture! You can just see the love on these amazing teacher's faces for our girl! 
 The amazing Mrs. Mays, Avaree, and Mrs. Buzcko, the best Pre-K teachers ever!
 Little sis enjoyed reading all of the books in the room! 

…and our big girl, full of promise and possibilities, ready to take on the world of "big school!"
My heart's desire is for Avaree to always love school as much as she does now. I hope for her to be a light in the dark. I pray that she will be loving and kind, so that everyone she meets will know that she loves Jesus! There is no doubt in my mind that this girl will change the world for the better! 
We love you, Ave! We couldn't be more proud of you! 

No comments: