Sunday, August 9, 2015

A Fun Week at Home

We try to take Mondays as recovery days, but especially when we have been gone the weekend before!  This was my view on Monday morning! :) There's no place like home! 
 We started our day feeding little brother his oatmeal! I waited until he was 6 months old to feed him consistently! He attacks his oatmeal! I don't have to pretend that the spoon is an airplane or a train, I just have to put it in front of him, and his mouth is open and ready!
 On Tuesday, we went to a friend's house for a tea party! We had the tea party outside in her playhouse! Her Mommy made the cutest cookies, and the girls dressed up! It was so fun!
 Reese will be going to the same school that Avaree is going to also! YAY!
 Avaree, of course, dressed up as Anna, even though it was 100 degrees outside!
 Mrs. Nicole makes the best (and the prettiest) GF cookies!

   On Wednesday, we enjoyed our morning at home, and then we went to church to have lunch with Daddy. 
 The girls wore their "sisters" shirts from Gigi!
 They love going to church!
 On Thursday, we had another down day at home. I was many loads of laundry to do, and Felicity kept asking to hold her "Bubbie." :) I think he enjoyed it!
 Sweetest baby boy!

 We had lots of fun playing on the floor!
 On Friday, we went grocery shopping at Walmart for the first time in six weeks. We were out of everything, but I also started buying Avaree's school supplies. These were only about 1/3 of what was on her list, but she was so excited to help get everything. It was pretty bittersweet for me. I definitely cried as I labeled everything. 
 Brandt is in love with mum mums! He loves them and gets so very excited when he even sees the package!
 I usually give him a mum mum while I'm cooking and serving everyone else, and then I feed him once everyone else starts eating!
 Brandt has turned into an excellent daytime sleeper. He takes two solid naps per day. Usually one of them is 45 minutes or so, but the other is usually at least 1.5 hours. If one of those coincides with Felicity's afternoon nap (which happens on occasion), I just sit and hold him for a minute! 
 I love his little hands on my shoulder. 
 Felicity likes to take her nap without clothes on! ;) She also had her first pony tail that day! She's had a vocabulary explosion and has become such a big girl lately! I'm so proud of her!

 On Friday night, Brandon and I had a little date night on the couch! We had actually bought this ice cream at Walmart earlier that day. We hid it from the kids, and when we talked about it while they were still awake, we called it "the brusell sprouts we would eat later!" :) We don't get out much, and in this season we can't do much, but we do enjoy just being together. I'm so thankful for that. 
 The next morning, I took Brandt's six month pictures in the front yard! He's so precious. 
 Look at that little face!
 Sunday was bananas as usual, but Monday morning, we took Brandt to his six month doctor appointment! It was early in the morning, so Daddy got to follow us there!
 He loves the mirror, and he loved sitting up like a big boy! Dr. Fikkert, our amazing pediatrician, said he was pretty perfect! :) He weighed 19 lbs, 14 oz!
 Silly boys!

After leaving the doctor's office, Mama and the kiddos headed to Houston for Baby Taylor's birth!!!!!! Stay tuned!

No comments: