This girl is so grown up looking these days.
Our New Year's was C-R-A-Z-Y and fun!! :) We drove to Hemphill, and then to Bridge City, and then back to my Dad's two hours away, and then back to Arlington in 3.5 days! Our kids were troopers, and one was sick almost the whole time!
We started at my Mom's house! This was our best attempt at a group shot with the timer on the cell phone! ;) Taylor Ann fell asleep while we were getting situated, and Avaree is blurry, but we're all in it!
Aunt Alli and the cousins in the play room! :)
Brandt and Taylor Ann are six months apart!
Sweet Taylor Ann loved the piano!
Piano playing sisters!
Beautiful Evy!!
Brandt gave Mom Mom kisses!
Maw Maw with all of her CRAZY great-grandbabies!
What are my girls doing? Who knows!
So cute! I know that Grandaddy would have just loved Brandt and Taylor Ann. I wish he could have met them. One day!
Our stockings have grown! My Mom found stockings that hold pictures. They are so perfect for her house!
Brandt was quite the charmer!
Family Picture by Brandon! I was going to photo shop him in, but I couldn't get it to work with the trees behind him!
More Brandt kisses!
Pop Pop and Brandt!
Kisses from Evy!
Spencer couldn't wait to smile at my camera. NOT! I'm sure you can tell that he wouldn't even look at me!
Sweet, sweet, happy Taylor Ann!
#makeajoyfulnoise
Avaree and Bryer!
Uncle B and Taylor Ann!
Avaree sat at the piano for hours and sang (and played) every song in the Sound of Music book!
Pretty girl with her favorite sheet music!
…and this one was full of sass. She was starting to feel not like herself at this point.
We had a great time with everyone in Hemphill! Thank you for all the fun (and yummy food), Mom!
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………
Felicity had a high fever and felt awful, so sweet Daddy drove her an hour away to the closest pediatric after hours clinic on New Year's Day. We didn't want to continue to be around our cousins if she had something contagious, but it turned out that she just had some kind of virus. (Viruses are also contagious, but praise the Lord our cousins didn't get it!) Actually, after we got home, she still wasn't getting better, so I took her to our pediatrician, and she had strep. :( Regardless, she still managed to have a good time, but she and Daddy didn't get to go with us to Bridge City!! So, Brandt, Avaree and I rode with Papa and Niecey to Aunt Connie's house about two hours away! It was my first time to go to Smith Christmas in a few years, and I hadn't seen everyone since Uncle Laverne's funeral in 2013.
These are the Smith great-grands (minus Felicity, Evy, and Taylor Ann). My oldest cousin, Lauren, was pregnant with Colton and Keller when my Granny died, so she (and Paw Paw) didn't get to meet any of these sweet babies. They are a precious legacy though!
I got to visit with my cousin, Charlie, and we called Brandon on the phone. Charlie was upset that he didn't get to come!
My cousin, Jordan, with his baby, Maddox, and my baby! :)
On our way back to my Dad's house, we stopped at Lauren and Kent's house! I have always wanted to go see their home, their land, and their animals, and this was the perfect time. I just wish Felicity had been with us. She would have loved it!
Lauren, Brandt, and Dad in their house!
Avaree got to ride while we were there! Here she is with Mr. Keller!
Kent was precious to walk her around as long as she wanted!
She was thrilled!
Look at that face!
Happy girl!
(Thank you for letting us come visit, Lauren and Kent!)
When we got to Dad's house, Brandon and Felicity, and Spencer/Shan and the girls were there!
A couple of hours later, we bundled the girls up, and we headed to the farm! Daddy, the girls, and Niecey were in one ranger, and my Dad, Brandt and I were in the other one!
Dad and Brandt!
I decided that I could be a wildlife photographer and would be very happy! Now, who wants to pay me to take pictures of their cows? ha!
and chickens! This is Thanksgiving, the chicken.
She is Niecey's favorite!
…and Felicity's!
One of the new babies!
This is Flower, the calf that Avaree named. She's a hoot!
…full of personality!
Avaree enjoyed feeding the babies their hay!
…and the mamas!
Dad and Denise have this beautiful little "waterfall" area, and it's just so peaceful!
You can hear it!
Dad and Denise's friends just finished building an exotic deer ranch down the street, and we went by. I couldn't believe how this one was just "looking out the window!"
So pretty!
We had a lovely Christmas. We were sad that our sickness in December kept us from seeing Uncle D and Aunt J (and the girls), but we enjoyed the short time that we got to see everyone else. We are so grateful for family. Now, who wants to move closer? ;)








































No comments:
Post a Comment