Sunday, August 7, 2016

June Fun!

Mercy, this summer has gone by SO fast! I am trying to catch up, and here's hoping that I remember what we were doing in each of these pictures! 

In late June, we had an amazing week of VBS at our church! Daddy even asked me to be his twin on twin day! I was thrilled that he asked me, and He was thrilled that I wore a Star Wars shirt! (Never again! ha!!!) Our kids had an amazing week at VBS, too! Felicity was in a big girl class for the first time, and I got to do missions and music in Felicity's class and missions in Avaree's class! It was so fun to see them and watch them interact with their friends! :)
We had around 1000 children at VBS this year, so it was CRAZY!! We had quiet afternoons after we got home every day! Brandt just loves for Avaree to read to him!
His favorite thing about reading is pointing to animals and telling us what they "say?"
One night, we face timed with Aunt J and the girls right before bed, and I just thought that my girls and Aunt J and Blair were just too precious, so I tried to take a screen shot, and look at that lovely volume button that I also pushed! :( Oh well! I promise it was the sweetest picture ever!
Avaree and her class were on the front row at worship the next morning!!!

Our sanctuary was transformed to let us all be SUBMERGED into God's word via the ocean! :)
The memory verse!
Avaree got to be in class with her friend Avery! We took dance with Avery three years ago, and we were so happy that she joined us for VBS!
That night, I got to go with some of my sweetest friends to hear Sally Clarkson speak at another church in Arlington! It was phenomenal, and I just love her vision for creating a Life-Giving Home with a lot of laughs along the way! ;) We wanted to take a selfie with her, so there she is behind us--too bad she didn't know we were taking a picture with her! hahahah! SO thankful to Holly for my ticket! It was an incredible night of teaching and time with sweet friends!
I can't suggest this book enough--especially with a cup of coffee and a blueberry Lara Bar! :)
Of course, Felicity woke up right after I got home, so I snuggled her for awhile until she fell back asleep! 
The next morning was our last day of VBS!
We had a busy weekend, and then on Sunday, my pretties and my crazy man agreed to a picture! ;)

Little sis wanted an Elsa braid!
I got these sweet pictures during the service! This is Brandt and his "lady friend." Ohhhhh how we would love for them to be more than friends one day! :) In fact, this sweet girl's mama just reminded me that the next time the summer Olympics are on, these two will be a few weeks away from KINDER! AHHHHH!

Our busy weekend included our hot water heater breaking! Booo! We are sooooo thankful for help from family!!! That was such an ordeal!! 

On a happy note, Gigi and G-Pops drove in on Monday afternoon, and we got to meet them at Pappasitas! We are thankful that is Gigi's favorite restaurant! ;) 

Brandt was really concentrating on throwing his pennies in the fountain!
That evening I had a photo shoot for dear friends, and about four shots in, the skies completely opened up!!!! I mean, we were all DRENCHED! This has never happened to me before. I tried to take a few more under the trees, but we eventually had to call it and reschedule for later in the week! This shot below was during the downpour! ;)
After G-Pops and Daddy worked on the new install for several hours the night before, we got to meet them for breakfast before Daddy went to work the next morning! YAY!
The girls were VERY excited to sit with Gigi!!
…and Felicity (especially) was not excited that she had to leave to go back to work! :(
During nap time, I deep cleaned our kitchen, and then I moved our high chair into the garage. I had a little moment, as this is the first time in seven years that my table hasn't had a high chair next to it! Though I have really loved every stage, this was bittersweet! :)
Later that afternoon, we got to meet up with Megan and her sweet girls for some Bahama Bucks!! Brandt, Felicity and I were all sharing one, so they stuck close to me! ;) And so did Miss Brinley! Love her!!!
Later that evening, the girls enjoyed some time coloring! :)
Avaree colored this and told me she was ready for the beach!! (Me, too, kid!)
As always, there was also a lot of snuggling! :) 
…and that was part of June! I have so many pictures, we'll see if I catch up! :) We have had a busy, simple, and fun summer! Thankful.

No comments: