Wednesday, August 17, 2016

The Rest of July!

The day after we got home from the beach, Avaree started Art Camp with her friends from school! AISD paid for all Kindergarteners to attend a full week of Art Camp at the Arlington Museum of Art! Avaree loved it so much. I don't know which part she loved more--seeing her friends or the art part! 
Little sis got to play outside a lot that week! :)
I took a picture of my screen because I just wanted to document that Brandon sent me a "pin!" Jamie, are you so proud of him?? :) 
These four girls had a ball together! I am so thankful that Avaree already has precious friends (and I love their mamas, too!)! These people are my village at school!
That week a dear friend of Brandon's passed away. This man is an Aggie, a part of the worship ministry, and he is Daddy to one of Avaree's sweetest friends, so this was really hard on everyone, but especially his wife and young daughter. To say that it was an emotional week is an understatement. I am so proud to be in a church that lives out biblical community though. You can be sure that this family is loved and cared for--probably even more than they want sometimes. 
The same day as Andre's funeral, Brandon and I sang together for the first time. We sang at a wedding, and I don't have a picture of us singing, so I took a picture of the words! ;)


More art camp with these silly girls!
My crew after art camp!
We ran up to Daddy's office after camp to say hello to him, since he was working more than usual that week. 
We had to lighten the mood at home, so we had lots of dance parties!
The hineys were shaking! ;)
Felicity and I got some good cuddle time one afternoon. 
Bubbie!
That Friday, a former student of mine came by to say hello and catch up! She jumped in the car with me and went with us to pick up Avaree from art camp, and we had a wonderful visit. These big kids were "mine" before I had my own, and I am so blessed that they still remember me, much less want to talk to me about what God is doing in their lives! 

Daddy and this crawled in the most amazing funeral service for Andre. It was truly indescribable. So, they practiced a lot. 
After Andre's viewing, I drove to Plano to say congratulations to Lauren on baby #3! I missed dinner, but I made it in time for gifts and sorbet! :)
The next morning was the funeral! Brandt wore his Aggie shirt for Mr. Andre, and the girls were in their Gigi dresses. Avaree sat with me at the funeral, and the service was so so very powerful and emotional. 

This picture cracks me up. Sometimes, Brandt is just not in the mood. 
I brought the babies home for naps after the funeral, waited for the babysitter (thanks, Gigi and G-Pops) and then I headed back to church for the wedding!
Mommy and Daddy after the wedding!
Next thing I knew, it was Sunday, and these three were not in the mood for a picture! ;)
…but tickle fight with Daddy is always on the agenda! He came home! yay!
Brandt had his 18 month check up with our favorite doctor!!! He was staring at her picture of the mama and baby flamingo! ;)
We've been trying to get back into the habit of doing "school" every day, and Brandt has decided that he loves to color!
…and eat spaghetti! ;)

The most precious 18 month old around!!!

We had a fast and fun July, and somehow school starts for our big sister in five days!!! EEK! 
August is coming up! 

No comments: