Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Happy Anniversary to my Love.

Three years ago today....

Mama married Daddy.



and then we went on a beautiful honeymoon to Cabo San Lucas.



And although I hardly recognize those young, care-free people in the photos, I am so thankful for the place we are today. When people ask me if it seems like it has been three years, they naturally expect me to say, "No, it feels like yesterday." But it doesn't. It feels like many more years than that--in a good way though. We have been through a lot in the past three years. Many hard things that you will never know, but also many wonderful, joyful things that you do know.  Of course the greatest blessing that has been showered on our marriage is our sweet baby girl. And you all know that she is amazing. :)

I am so proud of where Brandon and I are today. We have learned how to love (for better or for worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health), and we have learned how to fight constructively. We have learned how to trust and the necessity of keeping God first in our marriage and in our family. We are by no means experts, and I have no doubt that we have much, much more to learn, but for now, we are blessed, happy, and in love with each other and our little family.

Life is good.

Thank you for loving us and praying for us along the way. The importance of your prayers is not lost on us.

Brandon,

Though I might not be the same girl that you married, I like to think that (despite the lack of a tan and perfect hair every day), I am a better wife and friend than I was then. I love you, and I still want to hold you forever. :)

Bartons

1 comment:

Sharnaal said...

:) Best blessings forever
Sharna Arthur