Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Dreamy December Days :)

Before my medicine threw me into a tailspin, we made it by to bring some food to Daniel and Jamie, and Avaree and Brandon got to meet sweet little Landon! I didn't get to hold him b/c I had another cold, but I sure loved staring at his sweet little face! B was in love, and Ave loved talking to him! :) He is so precious, and Jamie is an amazing Mommy! :) I can't wait for all of our sweet kiddos to play together! Oh happy day!
Spencer and Shannon live about five mintues from Daniel and Jamie, so we told Avaree that we could stop by and say hi for just a few minutes! She was obviously beside herself with excitement! She ran all the way to the door (as you can see in the pictures below)! :)

Shannon has a natural talent for decorating, and I am IN LOVE with her beautiful Christmas tree! :)
When it was time to leave Avaree ran to Uncle Spencer's truck. Guess who thought that she could drive? :)

If you have been around us very much, you know that Avaree has one baby doll, and she A-D-O-R-E-S her! Her baby's name is Lucy, and she gets rocked a lot. :) Her latest adventures, however, have included time out. When I ask Avaree why Lucy is in time out, she either tells me 1) "she disobeyed her Mommy, 1, 2, 3" or 2) "she didn't eat her strawberries"! Ha! I have NEVER put Avaree in time out for not eating her strawberries, but i can definitely see where the other reason came from! She even makes Lucy repeat " [I] show God [I] love him [each] time [I] obey!" :) Oh well, at least she is listening! In the picture below, Lucy is in time out (face down). ha!
I was moving soooo slow after my latest medical drama that we didn't get our tree up until the second weekend in December! Avaree was so happy to help!
Helping Daddy put the star on the tree! :)
I attempted to take some Christmas pictures of the doodle by taping some wrapping paper to the wall and floor (via Pinterest), but I couldn't get it without the glare, so it just turned into a fun little experiment. Daddy did oblige me with one picture though! :)

Avaree and I spent all afternoon one Saturday decorating the tree. I asked her to help me put the Christmas balls on the tree, and what did she do? She THREW the balls to the tree. I did call them balls, right? :) It was super cute, but then I did have to explain how we hang the Christmas ball ornaments on the tree! :) She's been great with the tree. She LOVES the lights. In fact, when we were finished decorating, I asked her if she liked our Christmas tree. She put her finger to her face like she was thinking, and then she said, "Mommy, it's ah-may-zing." :) Precious.
 Have I mentioned that we love our friends and neighbors, Jake, Ginger and Timber? Brandon was gone a lot the week before his Christmas program at church, so we played with J, G, and T a lot! I still don't know how or why this happened, but Ginger and I were talking away, and Avaree tells Jake to lay down and then she crawls on top of him and wants him to hold her milk cup! HA! They are a hoot together!

And...I love these sweet girls. I hope they will grow up to be sweet friends that encourage one another!!!
 We have lived in our house for almost three years, and this is the first time we had a fire in our fireplace!!! :) It was such a relaxing night, and I'm in love with Christmas, so it just made it that much more special with all of our decor up! Our house might be small, but it is full of love and joy! :)
 Merry Christmas!!!

Lots more to come! :)

Bartons

No comments: