Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Christmas Eve 2013!

On Christmas Eve, we got up and made gluten free pancakes! Then Papa and Niecey left around 10 am and Daddy left for church right after that, so it was just the girls and I for most of the day! 

We had a birthday party for Jesus, and Avaree made everyone wear party hats! :) We had Christmas music playing on the tv all morning, and we danced a lot!


I think they are adorable. :)

Then, I put Felicity down for a nap, and Avaree and I made cupcakes for Jesus! As you can see, she was most excited about the decorating part! :)
And, then, we had surprise visitors!!!!!! It was such a great surprise to see Uncle Scott, Shea Shea, Karrington and Kennedee! They were sweet enough to even "try" our Jesus cupcakes! They were pretty, but didn't taste good! They were already gluten free and dairy free, but then about two hours later, I found the "buttery spread" that was supposed to replace the butter in the cake mix in the microwave. Oops! ;) Only Jesus would eat them and love them! :)
Avaree was all about Karrington!!!!



Felicity and Kennedee! :)
And then Avaree wanted to put a party hat on sweet Gimli! He's so good. 
Later that afternoon, the girls and I got dressed and headed to Christmas Eve service at LABC. Christmas Eve services are always so special. 
This Christmas Eve I got to hold Felicity while she slept. Last Christmas Eve she had just started feeling her move in my belly. On Christmas Eve, she fell asleep while Daddy was singing, and she didn't wake up until Pastor Eric said Amen after his sermon and prayer! :) 

Avaree enjoyed sitting between Gigi and Pops during the service, and I got this sweet picture of them during the candlelight portion of the service while they were singing "Silent Night!" :) She was so proud that she got to hold her own candle. It was only blown out once during the song-ha! 

After service, we got to visit with more family! This is B with his newly engaged cousin, Tawney! :)

…and B with sissy and Tanner!
…and we got a few family shots! :) 
Love this one! Of course, Ave had put a yellow color film on my camera phone, so all of my pictures are yellow! :)
Then, we came home, and my dreams came true as the girls put on their matching pajamas, we read the Christmas story, and we let them each open one gift! :)
Love these girls.
My girls and me. 
Daddy reading the Christmas story from Avaree's Jesus Storybook Bible!


Felicity and I took a couple of selfies, so that she didn't try to rip out any pages from the bible!



We let the girls each open one gift! it was so fun to watch them! Felicity was actually VERY interested in her present! Besides trying to eat the paper, she loved the sound of ripping the paper, and she loved the tulle! :)
Very serious business!

Avaree ripped hers open in about four seconds! :)
I know this is blurry, but you can see how excited she was! :)





Avaree listened to everyone's heartbeats and breathing several times! :)


…and then she helped sissy play with her toy! ;)


We tucked the girls into bed, and we sent out their presents for the morning! It was an early night for all of us, but so so good!
Our Christmas Eve's will always be a little different than most since Daddy will be at church most of the day, but I was so happy to get to start our own traditions with our little family! :) AND I absolutely will always buy the girls matching christmas jammies! :) We are still wearing them and love them! I can  picture them as teenagers in their matching jammies! :)

This Christmas was so special because Avaree "gets it."

Stay tuned! :)

1 comment:

kelley.phillips said...

Mom still buys us matching christmas pajamas! We love it!! :) You have a beautiful family!! So happy for you!! Love you!