Thursday, February 13, 2014

Felicity Grows Up: TEN MONTHS!

(Ten month pictures coming soon!)
Let's not discuss that there is only one number between ten and twelve, and please don't remind me that my BABY will be ONE in two months. I'm such a mixed bag of emotions lately, and I'm so so so so thankful for this little lovey and all the joy that she brings to my life. 

New Developments: Felicity has TWO teeth! She got two of her middle-bottom teeth at the exact same time about two weeks ago! It was a HARD day, but those little daggers (oh my word, they are sharp!) poked through, and she finally seemed to get some relief. The only reason I knew they had come through is that she crawled over to me and bit my knee! She was in so much pain that she was biting on every single thing she could find! Poor baby! In other news, she very clearly continues to say "mama", "dada", "Aaaa" (Avaree), "Puh" (puppy), "dah" (dolly), "Bah" (ball), and she can sign "more" and "all done." She is also crawling SUPER fast, walking around all the furniture, walking behind her push walker, standing for about 30-45 seconds at a time and taking steps holding our hands! She also waves and claps! It's all happening WAY too fast for this Mama!!!! I love hearing her little hands on the floor knowing that she is crawling toward me, and I love, love, love to see her face light up when she finds me! It's like she hasn't seen me for hours when it's really only been a few seconds. I'm really trying to soak it all up. I know it will be gone before I'm ready. It's such a fine line though. I look forward to watching her grow, but I don't anticipate every milestone like I did with Avaree. I'm hanging on to Felicity's babyhood a lot harder this time. 

Eating: Felicity is still nursing four times a day (and once at night, but I'm trying to drop it) and eating big people food! Nothing has really changed in that area except that she will eat a Happy Baby Fruit/Veggie pouch. Her favorites are Purple Carrot and Pear or Kale, Pears and Strawberries! Her very favorite thing is still avocado. :) She continues to try new things every week or so! This week she got to try spaghetti, and, much like her sister, she wore it more than she ate it! :)

Playing: Felicity loves to play! We spend 90% of our time playing on the rug in our living room! She loves puzzles, her jack-in-the-box, and her little house! Her favorite game is still Peek-a-Boo! Her favorite books are Brown Bear, I Love You More Than Rainbows, and Hush Little Baby! Her favorite songs are "You Are My Sunshine", "Where You Lead", and the "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme song!" :) She loves to dance, and she gives wet, open-mouth kisses on demand! She loves her bath time, and she especially loves taking a bath with her big sister! :) She loves to be outside, and she has recently discovered the stairs in the choir room at church! ;)

Sleeping: Felicity has started to sleep better during the day, which I believe is helping her sleep better at night as well! She is still taking two naps a day and they are both between an hour and two hours each! (GASP--can you believe it?) I make sure that we are home to take her morning nap, it's always her longest, and she really needs it. Her naps are usually around 10 am and 3 pm. She goes to bed between 7 and 8, depending upon when she wakes from her afternoon nap! She has also started sleeping better at night. She still wakes up several times, but I can tell when she needs me and when she's just trying to put herself back to sleep. I almost always get up at least twice a night with her, but that's nothing compared to the crazy nights we've had for her first several months of life! :) I'll take it! She's also finally decided on a comfort object, and I think that has really helped as well. She has attached herself to dolly, a sweet little baby that Mrs. Josie gave her when she was five weeks old. She carries it everywhere, and she always sleeps with it. When she wakes up, she holds her dolly, and often times can put herself back to sleep. :) Mommy was her comfort for a long time, so I am happy that she has found comfort in her dolly too. It helps us at church as well! :) Now, I need to find at least three more. :)

Size: Felicity is still wearing a size three diaper, and at the doctor last week she weighed 20 lbs, 4 oz. :) She is still wearing nine month clothes, but she will be in 12 month soon! 

Disposition: Her smile can light up a whole room, and she is still a super happy baby. She loves her Mommy though, and she will let you know if she doesn't like something. The last week or so she has started "yelling" if she wants something, and she has started "hitting" (flailing her arms and "hulking up" as B calls it) if she gets upset. I'm really pushing the signing, but she just hasn't started signing back yet. I know she will, and I remember Avaree going through this. She also loves to laugh and loves to copy me when I'm laughing! If I'm holding her while having a conversation with another adult, she copies my expressions, but especially my laugh with the exact inflections that I used. It's the cutest thing ever. She also loves her big sister soooo much and wants to do everything that she does! 
………………………………………………………………………………………………………
Felicity,
You make my heart so so happy! You are precious, and I love every thing about you. I love love love spending my days (and nights--though I'll be happy to spend that time with Daddy when you start sleeping all night) with you! You are our little sunshine, and I will continue to pretend that you are not almost one. :) 
I love you with every ounce of me, and I cannot wait to see what God does with your little life!!!
I love you!
Mommy

No comments: