skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Brandt Grows Up: Month One!
Our little guy is growing fast!
Stats at One Month:
Weight: 12 lbs, 12 oz.
Height: 22 inches
Eating: Little brother can EAT! It's amazing to me how much easier breastfeeding gets with each baby! I remember still hurting and wincing every time I fed Avaree up until at least six weeks post partum, but I didn't have any pain with this little one after two weeks. This little guy has never had a problem eating, but he does have problems digesting what he eats! I originally fed him on demand but at least every three hours for his first two weeks of life, and then he started clustering with his first growth spurt. That is when his digestive problems really started to show up. He just couldn't process everything he was eating. Once reflux was diagnosed, our pediatrician had me feed him every 1.5 hours for 7 minutes on each side, as reflux babies need to eat a smaller about closer together! Also, every time I feed him, he has to remain upright for thirty minutes. We learned very quickly not to jostle him, pass him to anyone, or make much movement after he eats either! He can projectile vomit, or just drench your shirt in a few seconds time! Even though Felicity has a short stint with very mild reflux (nothing like this), I pretty much thought that burp cloths were just for decoration. Now we wash all of them every single day! (Update: We have increased his meds a bit, and we have a GI appointment tomorrow. He is also taking probiotics, and we use a natural grip water to help settle his stomach after feedings. This combo has helped!)
Playing: Little man LOVES to talk to us. He LOVES it when the girls talk to him. He loves it when Avaree sings to him. He locks eyes with us, and then his little face will just light up with a big smile. It's the sweetest thing E-V-E-R! He locks eyes with us and will follow us around with his eyes. He also loves the fan and all of the lights! He focuses really well!
He is very strong and can lift his head up and turn it side to side without dropping his head back down! He also has gotten a lot more tolerant of tummy time! :) He loves to be in the middle of the floor on a blanket with the girls are playing! I can't wait to see him chasing them!
Sleeping: Little guy is not the best sleeper. I'm writing this at 5 weeks three days, but at his one month mark, he was not even able to take naps for more than 20 minutes, and he did not sleep at night. It was a good night if I could piece together 2-3 hours of sleep. Poor buddy.
Sizes: He is in 0-3 month clothes and size one diapers!
Disposition: He's precious and sweet no matter what, but when his tummy is hurting, he can't relax, and he just screams in pain. That is so hard to watch! Regardless, he has already started social smiling! He really started this at week three, and it's just gotten better! He smiles the most right after he wakes for the first time in the mornings! He just looks up at me and gives the biggest smiles for about ten minutes! It melts my heart to the core!
Looking Forward to: EVERYTHING! I am most looking forward to him feeling better and being more peaceful and happy! It's so hard to watch your baby suffer when there is nothing you can do! Of course, I'm also looking forward to more smiles, cuddles, and seeing him interact with the girls more.
(I will eventually take his one month pictures and replace this one, but it's been crazy town around here, and it's freezing cold outside.)
Little buddy,
We love you so very, very much. We are so grateful for your life, and we can't wait to watch you continue to learn and grow. We are praying for healing and rest for your little body! Thanks for not remembering how often I have to put you down! ;)
LOVE YOU!
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment