Saturday, February 21, 2015

Week Three with Three Kids :)

I love the number three. It has always been my favorite, but week three with my three babies was tough. I have such high expectations for myself, and that combined with brother not sleeping, Daddy being gone, and the girls fighting with each other constantly, all combined for one tired and sometimes deflated Mommy! However, we survived! There's nothing like a little well timed encouragement and a precious husband to make me laugh when I feel like such a failure. I came into this life changing addition recognizing that it would be hard and crazy, but when you pair that with little sleep at night (for several days in a row), and no rest during the day, it looks a little different! ;) A few people have asked, and I'm  honestly not sure if it's the transition to a family of five, having two babies under two, or having three babies five and under that is hardest! ha! :) For us, the newness of having a brother wore off, and Avaree got tired of being at home, and Felicity wanted to remind everyone that she was getting close to two! :) However, we still had lots of great moments together! I'm trying so hard to give myself Grace when I need it, just as the Lord gives it to me. I want to be a "yes" mom more than a "no" mom, but when I'm tied to the couch, sometimes it seems that is all I say. I've never been so tired or loved so much in my whole life! I would be remiss if I didn't document the hard stuff as well as all the love. :)
My two favorite boys ready to watch the Superbowl! Daddy was SO SO excited to watch football with his little guy for the first time! My sweet friend, Carrie, brought over this Patriots onesie (her husband loves the Patriots too), and Daddy changed him into it as soon as he got home from church!
The girls were pumped too! Felicity loved the kitty bowl promos! ;)
Tickle Fight before the game started!!!
This is how I generally nurse my baby. He's up against me eating, Felicity is on my knees on the other side of brother, and Avaree is next to me! ;)
This was the day before brother's sleeping went downhill, and he enjoyed a lovely nap during the game! Daddy was getting a little too excited to hold him, and I was playing with the girls, so he enjoyed a nap with his blanket on the floor!
Sweet boy!
We knew things were getting serious when Daddy stood on the fireplace right next to the TV and "talked to the players!" haha
Meanwhile, Felicity took her clothes off and went on a paci stealing spree!
I bathed and put jammies on the girls, and Avaree played with her magna tiles before bed! She can create some amazing pieces!
Sometimes, it's just all too much for brother though. 
This was him the next morning. 
I've never played games on my phone, but it's been a nice way to keep me awake in the middle of the night, so I started playing Brandon in Trivia Crack. I won our first game, and I had to document it. ;)
Avaree still loves to hold brother, but at the end of this week, she started getting sick. She had a low fever, a tummy ache, and a yucky cough. I got rid of the fever and tummy ache within a few hours, but her cough lingered, so she had to stay away from brother yet again. That is hard on everyone. 

She would probably hold him all day if we would let her!
The picture below is a documentation of the first time that I got everyone loaded up in my backseat. I was taking brother to the doctor, and clearly everyone was thrilled. ;)
Felicity nurses Minnie Mouse all day long. ;) Of course, she has recently started taking all of her clothes off to nurse. I have never modeled that for her, so I'm not sure where she got that one! ;)
Little buddy is protesting tummy time less and less. 
Mrs. Josie came over and brought us dinner one night, and she got some Brandt loving!
She also brought Ave a craft kit. I let her get into it the next day during nap time, and she LOVED it.
The other two took a nap and then cuddled with their Daddy while I cleaned!

This is what my table looked like halfway through her craft time. Be thankful that you can't see the floor in this picture. Bless it. 
Brother liked naps in his rock n play at the beginning of the week!
I left him with Daddy that afternoon, and I took the big sisters out to play in the sunshine!
Of course, there is always a little sass involved...
On Sunday mornings, we always listen to Daddy and Pastor Eric on our LABC app. Brandt loves to hear Daddy sing!
On Monday morning, Daddy left for staff retreat, and that afternoon Papa came to stay with us for a couple of days. Here is Papa with the two littles! This was his first time to hold Brandt!
Thankfully we had a few beautiful days in a row, so Papa was able to take the girls outside to swing while he was here! We ended up having a really crazy night that night, too. Avaree had an accident after being accident-free for two months, Felicity was up six times (never happens), and brother was up all night. Mama felt like a zombie, and sweet Daddy drove home from staff retreat (an hour and a half away), just to help with bedtime and be here for moral support on Tuesday night. So so thankful for him! 

We enjoyed our time with Papa! (And I felt safe while he was here!!) He took Avaree on a breakfast date before he left to go home, and she loved loved it. :) I appreciated having an extra set of hands for a couple of days while Daddy was gone!

Little buddy has sweet mornings, so we enjoyed taking pictures of his smiles every morning!
Sweetie pie!

The next morning, we got these smiles...

Papa with all three before he left to go home!
Take two!
A smile from my favorite little guy!
He sure loves his sisters!
…and they love him!!
Sweet boy!
Love this one.
Felicity is nursing her baby while watching Mickey--haha!
On Thursday of that week, Avaree had her Valentine's Party for school, and her Daddy got to go and be her date for her party! She was sooooo excited! :)
Little Sis wanted to go too!
That Friday morning, we took little man to meet Grandmother and Pop!
He was super alert, and he melted Grandmother's heart!
Avaree doesn't let him get far from her sight or touch!
\
Hi Mama!
Pop got a turn too!
That night, Daddy surprised us all with early Valentine's surprises! He brought all three of his girls flowers and chocolate! ;) Avaree carried hers around for hours, Felicity was scared of hers, and brother thought it was all funny! ;)
Mrs. Ginger gave Brandt this little sleeper, and I just love it! :)
The next day is when Avaree started getting sick. She pretty much stayed in bed all of Saturday (and she even took two naps--crazy for her!!). I sanitized everything, and I tried my best to keep everyone apart. I even changed shirts every time I held a different kid, but somehow, Felicity still got it (a few days later), and now brother and I have it. :( 

Anyway, the famous Ms. Karin came to visit and meet brother!
Two happy people!
Someone loves his Daddy! :) I think the feeling is mutual! ;)

All in all, life with three kids is more enriching and tiring than I had even imagined! :) My favorite days are Fridays and Saturdays, of course, but I ask the Lord daily to help me find joy even in the crazy times! I have spent a lot of time talking to the girls about this "season" and asking for their patience and understanding while Mommy has to feed brother a lot, and we're home more than they (Daddy and Avaree) would like to be! Sometimes, Brandon and I just look at each other and laugh. There's nothing quite like bonding together over the screams of two littles and the whining of one beautiful big girl. However, one thing is for sure. We have two little girls and one baby boy that are loved more than they could ever comprehend! :) I feel so very blessed with the family of my dreams. I'm one lucky blessed Mama/wife. Thank you, Jesus, for giving me the desires of my heart! 

Week Four and Brandt's One Month post are coming up next…

No comments: