Thursday, February 26, 2015

Week Four

Last week was our fourth week with little brother! It was a pretty crazy week; thus, I didn't take near as many pictures. Little man had a REALLY rough time. His little tummy was clearly bothering him, he couldn't sleep, and he wanted to eat every hour. However, with each day, it seemed that he just kept getting worse. Why doesn't he look horribly unhappy in every picture then, you ask? Well, I don't stop in the middle of him screaming to take a picture! ;) I only take pictures when things are calm-ish! ;)

 Last week, Mom Mom and Pop Pop came back up for a couple of days. I'm so glad that they did. Daddy was gone two nights, and my Mom somehow caught me up on laundry, and she helped me keep everyone apart since Avaree and Felicity were both sick, and I was convinced that something was really wrong with my little guy. 

Pop Pop and Brandt took a little nap while I bathed the girls one night.
 …someone adores his Daddy. This is his favorite position too. More on that later!
 Little man lasted about 15 minutes for his first nap in the cradle. In fact, last week, he never slept more than 20 minutes (night or day) at a time until Thursday evening.
 Doesn't he have the sweetest little face? 
 I'm pretty sure that Brandt's favorite time of the day is when Daddy gets home!
 He just stares at him. 
 …and smiles!
 Then, there is this sassy pants! :) She was playing her air guitar and wanted me to send this picture to Mrs. Ginger! 
 I took a picture of the weather forecast (which has already changed--all schools are closed in DFW tomorrow. Even LABC is closed. Ice day--yay!) because all the icons are used in one week! ha! No wonder everyone is sick!
 Our sweet little guy tried on his camo outfit!

 The girls got to enjoy playing outside one day last week! They could both swing all day long!
 I just love the girls in their matching fleeces! Thanks to Mom Mom for helping. Brother had a really rough week, and he needed his Mommy more than usual. 
 This girl!!! She has been a handful lately! I can't believe she will be two in less than two months!
 Isn't she beautiful!
 Love her so so much!
 Love her big sister too! This picture captures my current reality! My beautiful big girl ready for her patriotic program (that I had to miss. so sad.) in what I thought was a red and white outfit with a red bow. Of course, my eyes were clearly not open all the way, as it is a pink and cream outfit with a red bow. ha! She was so sweet about it though, she said that she just told her friends it was red. :) You can also see my piles of laundry on the back couch! ;)
 I had to miss her program because I had to take brother to the pediatrician that morning. After 20 minutes of sleep the night before, and SO much screaming, I just had to take him to the doctor. At this point, I was certain that he either had pneumonia or a horrible case of acid reflux. I had been reading about it all night, and the noises that he was making were so horrible. He had also continuously increased his spit up, and the amount that was coming out was way more than I would consider normal baby spit up. Our amazing pediatrician saw him first thing Monday morning, and she spent 25 minutes in the room with us. While Dr. Fikkert was in the room with us, Brandt spit up four times. Dr. Fikkert said that because of the amount he was producing, she would consider it vomit. It was also rather forceful and clearly hurt him so badly. So, we went over all the symptoms and possibilities before she told me that this is either acid reflux or pyloric stenosis. So, she sent us to Cook Children's Hospital in Fort Worth to get an sonogram to be sure. The timing worked out perfectly. My Mom was home with Felicity, and I was able to go by the church and pick up brandon between his meetings, and we went to Fort Worth together. I'm so so so glad that he was able to go. They wouldn't let Brandt eat before his test, so he screamed the WHOLE time that we were there. I had to fill out paperwork, and sweet Daddy walked the halls with a screaming little brother. Eventually a sweet nurse brought us a vanilla flavored paci and a warm blanket, and that helped pacify him for a little while. 

I'm so so so thankful that Daddy was able to go with us! 
Of course, I HATE that I had to miss Avaree's Patriotic program! A sweet mama friend sent me this class picture though! Look at my smiling girl in the back!
Mrs. Carrie sent me this one from the program!!
I hadn't been home from the hospital for more than an hour when Dr. Fikkert called. (Yes, she called me herself. Not a nurse, but our pediatrician. Have I mentioned that she calls our little guy "brothers" too. It just warms my heart to know she cares.) She said that he did not have pyloric stenosis (which would require surgery); rather, he had sever reflux. So, I got the zantac filled that day, and we hoped for progress. We saw a tiny bit that evening (he just seemed to relax for the first time in a while), but he quickly became distressed and in pain again a few hours later!

That evening, on his one month birthday, Brandt got to meet his Great Mema and Great Paw Paw and Great Uncle Scott! 
Mema looks pretty happy, right? :)
Paw Paw enjoyed some brother snuggles too!
Ave was thrilled that they were here!
Mema and Paw Paw with all three of our babies!!! Don't ask why Felicity was naked. She takes her clothes off ALL the time. Surely this behavior will stop soon. ;)
Daddy and his little buddy!
 Mema and her oldest grandson with his son! :)
 Uncle Scott and Avaree!
 Uncle Scott with the girls and the boy! (Felicity's legs crack me up in this picture!)
 Mema and Avaree! We said prayers together, and Avaree was almost asleep rocking with Mema!

 Brandt's fan club and crazy Uncle Scott!!! haha!
 Funny faces before bath!

Little man.
Happy One Month, Little Man. We love you and your sisters more than I could ever articulate! 

No comments: