Thursday, July 13, 2017

March, Part 3: Spring Break Continues!

We got back from our travels to East Texas, and we still had five more days until our Daddy came back, so we had some adventuring to do!
We took Thursday to settle in back home and get our feet back under us, and then that Friday, we drove to Mesquite to visit with Uncle Spencer, Aunt Shan, Evy and Taylor Ann! They were at Aunt Shan's parents' house, and that was just too close not to get to see them! So, we loaded up and headed over! We played outside when we got there!
I love watching cousins play together!
I adore sweet Evy girl! 
Cousins!!!!
Aunt Shan and Ave! Avaree has always adored Aunt Shan! She gets so excited if she gets any time with her! 
Pretty girls!
After playing in the back yard for a while, we decided to drive down the street to the elementary school where Aunt Shan went to school! We loved playing on their playground! Avaree loves to climb!
She's forever working on those monkey bar skills! ;)
Meanwhile, Felicity and Ave had a BLAST just chasing each other around. Occasionally, Uncle Spencer would join in and chase them. They just giggled and smiled the whole time. 
These two are two peas in a pod!
Three precious faces!
Taylor Ann is such a precious, happy girl! She loved playing!
Avaree was so thrilled that Uncle Spencer climbed to the top with her! (And so was I!)
Brandt and Evy were determined to get up there, too!
Sweet girls sliding together!
Sweet Taylor Ann loved sliding with her ducky!
I know that I was way past exhausted, but I don't get to see him much anymore, so I took a picture with my brother. :)
We loaded up and drove back that afternoon, and after a really long drive home on a backed up I-30, it was such a gift to come home to food that a sweet friend had dropped off for the kids and me! We love tacos!
Cousin day collage!
Saturday morning, these three told me that they were going to camp out by the door and wait for Daddy! ;) This was so sweet, but they didn't quite understand why he wasn't just walking through the door!
So, Daddy face timed them from the airport (even though it would be about 40 more hours until we'd see him), and he tried to explain it! 
Eventually, the kids came out of their spot and started playing! They played together so well this day. I think they knew that Mommy just had nothing left, and they were precious angels. 

The next morning, we got ready for church. We knew we would get to see Daddy that night, so everyone was happy! Brandt did eventually get dressed! ha!
Sister looked adorable!
Daddy called and told us that his plane was delayed a little bit, but we finally got to SEE HIM!!!!!!!! I don't know who was more excited?!?! Oh, I do know, it was ME!!!!!!!! :) 
 Daddy was pretty pumped to see his littlest girl, too!
 We actually were picking up Daddy and Mr. Ryan, so we let Avaree go to Truth Trackers at church that evening, and the babies and I went to the airport, so we'd have enough seats! Ave went home with the Herrstroms, so we were able to go pick her up after the airport from their house! Daddy was so excited to see his buddy, Pastor Eric!
 While we were waiting on Daddy, Brandt kept staring out of this airport whining, "I want airport!" Apparently, the baggage claim area was not the "airport" that he had envisioned! He wanted to see airplanes! 
 We had just a few minutes together when we got home to have tacos (I had them ready for Daddy when we got home at his request!), and then we put the kids to bed! We let Daddy sleep in on Monday morning, so I took all the kids to drop Ave off at school!
 After we picked her up, we played outside all evening!
 Felicity loves sidewalk chalk!
 Then, Daddy came home from work! yay!!!!! He was a trooper that first day, but then jet lag really hit him!

We were sooooooooooo happy that Daddy was home! 
We made it!!!!!!
Would you believe that Brandt started sleeping again when B got home?? 
Daddy magic! ;)


No comments: