Wednesday, July 12, 2017

March, Part Two: Daddy went to Israel, and we didn't! Ahhhh!

Our Daddy left for Israel for 12 days, and we missed him so so so so so so much! This is the longest that he's been gone since we have had kiddos, and oh how we missed him! He, however, had the most amazing trip, and it was so special to get to hear his stories and watch his face light up as he shared that the bible stories he had studied all his live were all so alive in his mind now. 
I hope that we can go back together one day, but for now, I'm enjoying these pictures and stories.
 He took his guitar with him to Israel and led music in many of their stops, so before he left, he practiced a bit at the request of Felicity. :)

 Mr. Ryan came over to ride to the airport with us, and I smiled as I took this photo of them before they entered the airport! I love that God allowed Ryan and Brandon's stories to intertwine several years ago, and he still continues to weave their stories together. I am thankful for good friends that love Jesus. 
 Brandon sent me this from his first flight. So beautiful!
 Meanwhile, the kids and I were carrying on with normal life. We took this for Daddy after getting home from school pick up on Wednesday. Life carries on! ;) And those kids are super cute!
 My little puppy made the school's blog post that day as well! It was hard work, but I'm thankful for the time that I got to spend with my big girl and her friends in Destination Imagination. 
 The next day, Avaree's school was having an "Informance" in all of her special's classes. It was so neat to get a peek inside her day! I was crazy impressed by the processes and procedures that were just second nature to the kiddos, and I was even more impressed with the content. First up, we went to music! 
These babies were learning to read music and how to count each note!  Someone was super excited that I was there! Can you spot her?
Again, impressed is just not a strong enough word!
Next up, we went to piano! The processes and procedures for THIS class were the most impressive. I could not believe that not a single student was playing when they weren't supposed to, and Mrs. Phelps had precious little nick names for each of them. They just glowed when she called on them.
Then, the student became the teacher, and I got to sit at her piano and await my instructions!
She was showing me how to use my arms to measure where the bench needed to be for proper hand placement on the keyboard! ;)
Mr. Brandon and Travis were across from us! These kids loooove to be the teachers. :)
I put my headphones on! Each child can hear Mrs. Phelps through the keyboard, and she can hear each of their keyboards. Crazy amazing!
Next up was P.E.! I somehow was conned into a jump roping competition, so I didn't get many pictures here! ;)
Next, we went to theater! This was so much fun! The kids loved every single thing that they did, and it was clear that they do these often and love them! This was a warm up exercise!
Art was next! There are actually two different art teachers, and this particular teacher was out on maternity leave, but we still did a neat activity!
It turns out that drawing without seeing your hand is a little harder! ;)
She was proud!
Our last special to visit was dance! This one was so fun!
Each child created their own dance based on rhythm and movement patterns that they had learned. It was so awesome to watch!


Finally, we headed back to her classroom where she is always so excited to show me her journals and her work!
Ms. Ortega and Avaree!
Ms. Bianco and Avaree!
This is her rainbow!
We sent this collage to Daddy! :)
He sent this back!
The next morning was pajama day at school! She could also bring a stuffed animal, so she decided to bring her Aggie Bear (and put a Santa hat on him for some reason)! She got to read all day, so she was a happy girl!
Meanwhile, Daddy was exploring these amazing places. I'm pretty sure that this is where King Herod's summer palace stood. I wish you could hear Brandon tell the stories of all of these places.
B said he wants to renew our vows here one day! ;)
The babies and I had to go to a doctor's appointment, and then we went by the mall. They enjoyed riding the carousel! Brandt was not pleased to get off the Tiger. ;)
Felicity is forever in her own world. I love it!
Daddy kept sending these beautiful pictures. I am so happy that he got to go!
I couldn't get over how lush everything was!

Meanwhile, back at home, a sweet friend sent us a survival kit with kinetic sand and sidewalk chalk! The littles were so happy!

Brandon's cuisine in Israel was so far from his normal! I think he really loved the food.
I liked finding pictures like this on Facebook! :)
I also liked talking to him when we could! Here he was showing Brandt a big tank!
This was Brandon singing at a missionary's house. Apparently it was a very special night. I'm sorry that I can't do these pictures justice. Maybe I'll get B to guest post for us about Israel one day! ;)
Meanwhile, back in Arlington, Avaree finished up school for the week and Spring Break started! I cleaned on Saturday morning, and then we headed to East Texas for a few days!

My little man did not sleep well while we were there, but he loved sitting in my lap! :)
 …and sleeping on me.
…and sleeping on me at night. ;)
I went through some old pictures while we were there, and I found this one of me with my Grandaddy at the lake. Our house is on that land now, but then it was just trees! :) I also see Felicity in this picture.
I also found this one of the older Smith cousins, and I just loved it. It was so fun to grow up with my cousins. All sides of our family lived in the same town until we moved when I was 12. I didn't even realize what a gift that was until we had kids and live so far from our families!
It was pretty cold at my Mom's house, but the babies still enjoyed time in the big swing!
We face timed with Daddy when we could! It was always at weird times, as he was 8 hours ahead of us.
The kids just LOVED talking to him. :)
This one is also the queen of relaxing! ;)
Rock collecting is a new activity that my kids enjoy! ;)
A friend sent me this while we were gone! Avaree and all of her crazy friends after school on pajama day! They were so happy for Spring Break!
Meanwhile, I was up in the middle of the night with a boy that could not sleep.
You better believe he was up early the next day and smiling though! ;)
Felicity got really involved with painting her rocks with clear fingernail polish while we were there!
 Brother didn't sleep…again! (Do you see a theme here?)
 Avaree had art lessons with Maw Maw at her house during said nap time!
 Then, Mom Mom and Pop Pop took three cute little stinkers to Dairy Queen for a treat!


 I stayed home and tried to take a nap. Meanwhile, Daddy was just hanging out with some camel friends! ;;)
 This one cracks me up!!! And look how beautiful and rich that sky is!
 hahahahah! :)
  Daddy was riding a camel, and we were taking turns riding the tractor! ;)
Then, we packed up and headed to Papa and Niecey's to visit the farm! Niecey and the girls were trying to sneak up on the cows!
 Brandt was helping Papa drive the ranger!
 The kids helped Niecey give treats to the mama cows!
 Molly and Janet are so sweet!

 Felicity loves Molly and FeFe! She was so brave!

The kids decided that this was way better than just going to the zoo!
 So proud of sis!



 Papa helped Brandt!


 Niecey is the cow whisperer!


 Avaree kept calling herself a farm girl! :) She was so proud that she was able to pet Janet! :)

 It was such a beautiful day! The skies in East Texas are just endless.
 I wish you could hear them calling for Molly to come here! So cute!
 Papa Bear and Brother Bear!
 Brandt loves the chickens! He was so excited to feed them lettuce!


 And then they let them out!
 The kids all had fun trying to get the chickens to eat their piece of lettuce!
Then, it was time to carefully collect the eggs. 
 Avaree loved holding Thanksgiving, the chicken. ;)

 Bubbie's turn!!


 Sweet boy! He was actually very gentle with her!

Meanwhile, Daddy was playing the guitar in a beautiful garden in Israel. 

This did make me smile though! Hilarious!
 Felicity crawled up in Papa's lap and went right to sleep. They both did. :)
 My big girl and I cuddled outside on the swing while Brandt slept for a tiny bit!

 He joined us soon though!
I love, love, love this photo of Dad and Brandt walking down the path. So precious and so beautiful. 
 Papa and grandson.
 Grand girls in the tractor! ;)
 That night, Bubbers would NOT go to sleep. I finally got him to sleep with me on the bottom bunk, but it didn't last long. This was the week of Brandt not sleeping! ;)
 The next morning, Papa took us to his friend's strawberry patch!

Felicity loved it! 

 Brandt carrying that little basket slayed my mama heart.

 S-I-S-T-E-R-S.
 Sweet little hands...
 Praying these hands will always be soft and full of love.
 A picture with my sweet girl to send to Daddy on our 9th anniversary. Too bad he was so far away. I didn't get to talk to him that day because of lack of service and the time difference, but I missed him so. I'm so thankful for him.
 Look at these sweet hands. They've lost the chubby baby-ness that once fit into mine so sweetly, but they still need me. It's a hard balance, and she's only 7. Thankful for Jesus and Grace.
 Look at this teenager before me!

 Someone had red lips! She ate the dirt and all! ha!

 Thanks for taking us on this fun adventure, Dad!
 Someone is always upset. ha!

 When we got back to the farm, it was time for more play time with the chickens!
 Then, another ranger ride to see the deer!
 Little sis got to drive, too!
 Surprise! Papa got a four-wheeler for the kids! He didn't have helmets yet, so he just drove each kid very slowly in front of the house! They were SO excited!
 Sister's turn!
 Bubber's was trying to decide what he thought about it!

After one last ride, we loaded up and headed back toward Arlington! Thanks so much to Dad and Denise and Mom and Ken for having us. We enjoyed getting out of town for a bit, but we still had 5 more days until our Daddy came home! 

Stay tuned for more of our Spring Break adventures!

No comments: