Saturday, January 7, 2012

12.23.11: Christmas with the Barton's :)

GiGi and Pops, and Darrin and Jamie got to our house around lunch time on Friday! We had one excited little girl!!!!! :) Christmas with Avaree gets better every year, and this year was certainly the best yet!!! :)

We had three Christmas Eve services in Hurst the next afternoon/night (plus practice earlier in the day, and we live an hour away), so we had our Christmas (besides Santa) on the 23rd!

This was our favorite Christmas craft this year. I think everyone loved getting one too! (So much so that I even wrapped Shan/Spencer and Darrin/Jamie two of them! I guess I was just so concerned with making sure they got one, and I did these so long ago, that I just plumb forgot! :) ha, oh well! Now they each have two! :)
Avaree and Pops!

 Once Pops and Gigi got to our house, Avaree was on Daddy's phone telling Darrin and Jamie to "hustle!" It was so cute! She was super excited when they got there! So, we bundled her up and let her go play outside with them!

 The next few shots were me playing with my new lense, but I had to include them. I know I'm biased, but I think she is just so beautiful. And I love the Christmas lights twinkling in the background. Avaree still asks me where the "mis-mas whites" are. I keep telling her that they are special decoration for Jesus' birthday, and that we will get them out again next year. She, however, thinks next year is tomorrow. Her memory amazes me. So, she asks a lot. :)



 Gimli, Pops, Avaree, and GiGi :)
 love this one!
 Uncle Darrin, Aunt Jamie, and Avaree :)



 

We are so happy that Darrin and Jamie are finally settled and together in Houston! We can't wait to go see their new house!!! I love this picture of them.
 GiGi suprised Pops with an authentic seat from Texas Stadium. Avaree tried it out for him! :)
 GiGi and Pops loved their framed hand prints. Avaree was remembering doing this as she looked at it again! (It had been a little while!) :) So sweet!
 Avaree loving on Uncle D and Aunt J! They gave her the little jacket that she is wearing in this pic. She loves it so much. She does NOT like to take it off, and she wants to wear it every day! :) (It could be the zipper, but I'm sure it is just b/c it is from Uncle D and Aunt J!)
 GiGi brought everyone's stockings from home! This is B's stocking that his Grandmother made when he was a baby!!! So sweet!!

I hope you enjoyed these sweet memories! It was hard to narrow down the 775 pictures that I took over a 4 day span! :) Christmas Eve is up next!
Bartons

No comments: