Christmas Eve morning we woke up and had some yummy crock pot breakfast casserole (thank you, Pinterest!), and then just played until it was time for the Barton Family Singers to practice. (You'll see those pictures below!), and then we ate lunch and headed to the church for the rest of the night! Avaree and I got to church around 3 and stayed for the 4pm and 5:30 services, and then we went to eat with everyone, but we were home by 9 so that Ave could get to bed! :) Mommy cleaned up a bit, and then set the cookies and milk out for Santa. I probably got to bed around midnight, but the rest of the family didn't even get home until after 1 am! (There was an 11pm service at church.) One would think that they would be sleepily sauntering in, but no, they were laughing and singing (still)!!! :) I had texted them to eat some of Santa's cookies (since I couldn't), and I woke up to let them in the door. For some reason they all kissed my head, and I feel asleep listening to them giggle and eat cookies in the living room! :) So funny!
Practicing!!!!
Praising Jesus or dancing....I'm not sure, both are pretty common around here! ;)
Dancing on Uncle D's feet!
Helping GiGi play for everyone to sing!
Brandon let worship at all three Christmas Eve services and on Christmas Day this year. The services were all very intimate, and I was so proud of him! He put a LOT of hours (and prayer) into making sure everying was right, and the Lord definitely blessed his efforts! Enjoy the pictures!! He also had an all-star Praise Team by his side: his mom and dad, and his brother and sister-in-law!
We were soooooo excited to see the Slaydon's on Christmas Eve!! It was so sweet of them to come!
Poor Ave had already sat through two Christmas Eve services, only had a ten minute nap that day, and hadn't eaten dinner yet... :( thus the grumpy face! She really did SO good though. I was SO proud of her. She and I even got to go on stage and stand by Daddy as we sang "Silent Night" by candelight! It was very special! I know she'll be standing on that stage and singing by herself all too soon, so I enjoyed holding her! We love our church sooooooooo much. I am so grateful for the opportunity that they have given Brandon (and Ave and me). :)
The Barton Family! :)
Karrington and her Daddy!!!
Karrington and Marsh!
Did I mention that she was hungry and tired? And she had just fallen down. I know it looks like she had been beaten up in these pictures, and I could edit that out, but then we wouldn't remember her terrible fall. She fell out of a chair the night before, and had a big 'ole lip. Her gums bled pretty bad, but the kid loves to eat ice, so the swelling did go down some! :)
We missed our Daddy, but I enjoyed spending some sweet moments with my girl that night. We sang "Happy Birthday, Jesus", and I might have cried a little. Tender moments...
Stay tuned for Jesus's Birthday!!!!! :)
















No comments:
Post a Comment