Felicity and I listened to a presentation from the zoo keeper on one of the species of monkeys. (Clearly, I didn't know that Brandon and Ave had snuck up from behind with the camera!!) The zoo keeper told us that this particular species (started with a B--but I can't remember the exact name) was a female dominated hierarchy, and the Mommies carried their babies NON-STOP (while eating, sleeping, pooping, etc.) for the first four months. I was astonished! That would mean that I would have yet to put Felicity down! Craziness! :)
...a male! hehe
The zeebras were as beautiful as usual! :)
Here is the baby!!!!!!!!!!
She was born on July 6th, 2013.
She weighed 330 lbs at BIRTH!!!!!!! Her Mommy's name is Rasha, and her name is Belle! :) Her only sibling was born in 1998! Can you imagine having baby's that far apart? I was enthralled watching her stay right underneath her Mommy! So sweet.
Love this sweet baby elephant!!!!!!
I could have watched Belle and her Mommy all day, but we moved on! The giraffe's were up next! :)
She was sad that she had to wait a few more minutes for lunch instead of getting a snack! hehe! Beautiful face anyway!
Mommy and her girls with happy faces!!!! :) :)
The rhinos were cracking me up! They were all three on their backs in the water and not moving!!!
The white tiger was beautiful!!!
This bear was dancing! :)
Daddy and sissy! :)
...and somebody was happy that we all got to share an icee for our zoo treat! :)
Beautiful Felicity :)
I named her Nala. I wish they posted the names of all the animals. She was beautiful!
Guess who we ran into at lunch????????? We happened to sit down right next to Josie and Phillip!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We were so excited to see them, and we have a little girl that was beyond excited to play with her friend! :) We got to walk through a few exhibits together, and they were so happy! :)
Avaree loved the otter! :)
Sweet friends!!!!!
Ave kept wanting to kiss sissy's little legs and feet! :) so sweet!
Daddy was enamored with the wing span display! ;)
Phillip and Avaree using the "bat phones!" ;)
Penguins!!!!
Later that night, I asked Avaree what her favorite part of the zoo was, and she said, "Phillip and the penguins!!!" ;)
Daddy and his girls with the penguins photo-bombing! ;)
Family shot!
Josie and Pip! The kids were ready for naps at this point!!!











































No comments:
Post a Comment