Sunday, July 7, 2013

Felicity's 1st Trip to College Station

We went to College Station on the last day of VBS and swim lessons. We left late (after swim), and I packed us peanut butter sandwiches. We stopped to eat and feed Licy after swim, and then we didn't stop again until we got there. That was really nice! Both girls did well and were sound asleep when we got there! Once we got there, we packed a lot of activity into a couple of short days, but it was fun!

G-Pops talking to Felicity!
:)
Daddy practicing his songs for that Sunday! I'm so proud of him! He had only taken lessons for four weeks when he led from the guitar for the first time! He is so talented, and I love to hear him play and sing! :)

Uncle D and Avaree fun :)


Little sissy talking to Uncle Darrin! She was telling him a big story!

So cute! :)

Uncle D and Licy time!
Avaree and G-Pops being silly!
Aunt Jamie and Felicity!!!

We went swimming at Damon and Tara's, and Avaree practiced all of the skills that she had learned the past two weeks in swim lessons! She did great!!!! :) 
Coach Daddy going over the skills with her again!
Getting ready to put her face under the water!
Swimming while holding on to Daddy for her first swim in this pool!
She did it! :)

Now, she is ready to swim on her own!!!

After diving down to get her toy!!!
Swimming to G-Pops!


Mema meeting Felicity for the first time!

Practicing more with Daddy!
Felicity talking to G-Pops and Gigi!

...and her Daddy's favorite: Felicity's first trip to Wings 'N More! 
(Uncle Spencer, are you proud?)

We also had a little sip and see with College Station family and friends. Felicity did great, and it was so good to see everyone!!

Beautiful Aunt Jamie and silly Uncle D! :) (Daddy had the camera, so I'm sure they were making faces at each other!)

 Mema and her two littlest great-grandchildren!
 Mema and her three great-grandchildren (and Mommy)! 
 My beauty!
 Ave opening her big sister gift from sweet Uncle Buddy and Aunt Linda! She was beside herself!

 My sweet girl wearing a scripture headband made my someone that we don't even know who was praying for her while she was in the NICU! (Thank you for bringing it to us, Marianne!)
 Brandon and Greyson
 Brice, Lindsey and Greyson, and Emmi (Aunt Susie)! So glad we got to meet this sweet boy! :) He was the most alert three-week old I've ever met!!

That afternoon, we packed up our stuff and headed back to Arlington without our big girl. She has gotten to stay with her grandparents the past couple of summers while we went on mission trips, so we wanted her to get to do that again. But, this time was much harder for Mommy for some reason. I guess because I wasn't busy, and Daddy was gone too (he went to youth camp for a few days), my heart just ached for her. I enjoyed my special time with Felicity, but I missed Ave badly, and I had to try to hide my tears every time I talked to her. I know I didn't do a good job hiding my tears when we left, but it didn't seem to bother her (thankfully). She stayed in College Station for a few days, and then on Wednesday, Gigi and G-Pops met Papa and Niecey in Houston for the transfer! :) She ended up coming home early (on Friday) because her little rash had gotten worse, but she had a great time with her grandparents and is still talking about it. :) She had stayed with Mom Mom a couple of days earlier in the summer. She loves grandparent camp, and we are blessed to have parents that love our children so much. 

No comments: