Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Felicity is Growing: 5 months!!

I'm sure this sounds redundant at this point, but I honestly cannot believe that my littlest angel is five months old today. She has come so far, and she brings us such joy! 






Eating: Felicity still eats every 3 to 3.5 hours during the day! Brandon tried to give her rice cereal for the first time last week, but she spit it all out and wanted nothing to do with it! (I'm secretly happy to keep her little longer--hehe! I know we will try again next month though!) Therefore, she is still exclusively breastfeeding. It is so nice to have the luxury of flexibility with her feeding. For example, if she is happy and playing, I can stretch her feedings longer, or if she needs to take a nap, but is set to eat in twenty minutes, then I just feed her a little early, and then she can take a long nap instead of a fifteen minute cat nap! :) I feel very fortunate to be able to be home with her!

Play: Felicity grabs her toys with both hands now! She loves to hold her lovey, her baby, or her blanket. She pretty much always has to have one of them--especially if I am not holding her! Her latest trick is that she can take her paci out of her mouth and/or put it back in her mouth! This is HUGE! Avaree never took a paci, so this is a new world for me, but I recognize what a huge blessing this is for her sleep! :) She is soooooooo close to rolling over, but she just hasn't yet. She also loves to sit in her bouncer for 10-15 minutes at a time. Her favorite thing is to just be with us. As long as she can see us, she's pretty happy! :) Although, this week she has become quite the Mommy's girl. Her favorite toy is her hands! ;)

Sleeping: Felicity's sleeping is very similar to last month's update. She usually goes to sleep between 8 and 9, and she sleeps until 3-4 am. If I dream feed her around midnight though, she will sleep till around 8 or so! Sometimes Mama just needs to go to bed early, and the dream feed doesn't happen! :) Her bedtime routine is bath with sissy, jammies, reading and prayers in Ave's bed, and then I feed her and put her to sleep. This is usually the only feeding that she falls asleep on. During the day, Felicity usually takes two significant (~1 to 1.5 hour) naps and several (20-35 minute) cat naps. 

Clothes: Felicity is wearing 3-6 month and some 6 month clothes! She is still in a size 2 diaper. I got the girls their first set of matching dresses (and they're monogrammed--be still my heart), and that has been really fun! :)



We call her Felicity, sissy, baby dolly, dolly, lovey, boo boo bear, sister, stister, and sometimes Licy. She's the whole family's little baby doll, and we love her so much! :)

Looking Forward to: Felicity is being dedicated at church next weekend! We are also looking forward to several milestones that are just around the corner: rolling over, sitting up without assistance, eating rice cereal, and making more memories together!!!



WE LOVE THIS BABY GIRL SO MUCH!!!!! :) :) :) :) 

No comments: