Saturday, April 29, 2017

Beginning of January: Sick, Snow, and Storms!!

I was the team leader for Avaree's Destination Imagination Rising Stars team. It was challenging and fun! It took a lot more time than I originally envisioned, but it made my teacher heart happy, and it was fun to take on a challenge--especially when it involved my big girl.
A HUGE thank you to Daddy who had to come home from work early on Tuesdays, so that I could go to school in the afternoons. My little man did not like me leaving, and he had a rough couple of weeks of sickness.
He just slept on me for two days straight, and he ran a really high fever. It got up to 104.7. :(
Felicity was so precious to just play by herself, because I just couldn't move from this spot.
I did take him to the doctor, and he had strep and a virus. Poor buddy. Dr. Fikkert walked in and just knew he was so sick. He never ever stays still in her office.
We waited on a shot (i just wanted him to feel better instantly, and he's not the best medicine-taker), and he just slept on me. It was so sad, and clearly I haven't had a shower in days. #mamalife Do you see that little car in his hand? He always sleeps with a car or a dinosaur in his hands. So sweet.
When Bubbers had gotten over his yucky stuff and enough time had gone by, we make a quick trip to the zoo! Love these three.

Brandt loves to read so much.
He loves this book so much that he kisses it! So funny!
  Then, we got some snow!!!! Unfortunately, it didn't start in time for Ave to get to stay home from school, but she saw it when she got home! :)
I was so taken with these large, individual, beautifully unique snowflakes. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. It just left me in awe that God crafted each one so uniquely and to bring Him glory--just as he did in all of His creation.
And, yes, that is a mixture of gray hair AND snow! haha! My babies were napping, and I was out playing in the snow--by myself! ;)
What a treat to see this!
When the babies woke up from nap, they were soooo excited to go see the snow!

We had to check out the front yard and the back yard!
Look at that sweet, happy face!


Daddy picked Ave up from school for us, so we wouldn't have to get out, and she was soooo happy to see the snow!
Bubbers was trying to figure it all out.
...but he decided he was not a fan of taking a picture with his sisters. ha!
That evening was such a dream. Daddy built a fire, we all got in our jammies, and my favorite sisters cuddled on the floor by fire while they held hands.
Meanwhile, Felicity stole my phone and took pictures of herself under a blanket.
 
...and then she shared with brother. Isn't this precious?
That weekend, Mom Mom and Pop Pop came to visit. We had a really, really busy weekend, and we needed babysitters for three different things, so it was great that they were able to come. Since they were coming the weekend before Brandt's party, they went ahead and celebrated with him then! 
They started by baking a BLUE birthday cake!
I'm sure you would have never guessed the color of the cake if I hadn't told you, right? :)
Crazy people with blue icing!
He sure did love his pizza and blue birthday cake though! And please ignore that terribly messy kitchen in the back. They were having fun!
We pretty much have a dance party every night!
These sweet ones also looooove to play "Ring Around the Rosy!"

So fun!
Falling is the best part to Brandt!
After such a fun evening, it was lovely to put the kids to bed so happy only to have to wake them thirty minutes later to get in my closet for a tornado warning! It was a loud, late night! Thankfully, the storm did pass.


More to come! :)

No comments: