Monday, February 20, 2012

Coversations with an ALMOST 2.5 year old in the Car...

Avaree and I spend a lot of time together in the car. This is just the tail end (last 6 or 7 minutes) of our drive home this afternoon! :) I never want to forget it. Precious!

Me: Avaree, do you see the cows?
Ave: Mommy, I see cows. I see cows. Hi Cows. Thank you for milk, cows. Mommy, Cows eat lettuce. Mommy eats lettuce. I don't want it lettuce.

.... (laughter) (a minute or two go by)...

Ave: Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to trucks. Happy Birthday to you. Mommy, say happy birthday to trucks.

(laughter)...(another minute goes by)...

We had just arrived in our driveway and Avaree thinks that Daddy will be home when we get there. I told her we would be home tonight. She starts yelling at the top of her lungs...
Ave: Daddy, come open the door. Daddy, come see Avaree. In white Car. Daddy, open the door now. Please, Daddy? Mommy, tell Daddy to open the door.
(smiles all around once I convince her that he will be home soon.)

Ave: Mommy, I be Doctor Dora. Okay? Mommy, I be frog. Ribbit Ribbit. Mommy, where the cows go? Cows, where are you? Come see Avaree. In white car. Mommy, it's okay. (Laughing makes mommy cough!) No coughing. It's okay. Daddy home soon. Don't cry.

:) Oh, how I love her! Her little mind...




Bartons

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Don't you just love conversations with little people?!?!
Stopping by from Kelly's Korner.
Nice to meet you!