Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Christmas Week: Monday, Tuesday, and Christmas Eve!

Monday mid-morning we headed up to church to help set up photo backdrops for families to use before/after our Christmas Eve service! My girls had so much fun playing around and helping! It was neat to get to work with Daddy and the Medlin family on a project together! 


 The next day, Daddy told us to leave for a couple of hours, so the girls and I went to visit Grandmother and Pop, and then we came home to a SURPRISE! Mr. Keith and Daddy were putting walls up around my bathtub! I was very surprised! It's so nice to relax in my bathtub and not wonder what is behind me! ;) Next up: Tile! (We have other things that we need to take care of first though, so it may be awhile! And that's okay!) Thank you, Daddy!!!
A couple of hours later, Papa and Niecey got here to have Christmas with us! :) The girls (mainly Avaree) had fun helping me pick out special gifts for their three special grandmothers! We searched for quite a while to find something special and unique for each person! Niecey loved her birds!
Daddy took care of the grandpas this year, and he found Papa an awesome LED camo light that came with bungee cords to tie around a tree! Dad loved it, so that's what counts! 
Then, it was time for the sisters to see what was in their big box!
They were very curious!
Yay new bedding for their new (to us) bunk beds in the room that they will be sharing soon!
Of course, the box was a hit as well! ;)
Sister was all about Papa this trip!
…and somehow they both fit in the box!
I loved my tree this year. It was simple and sweet. It's going to have to come down this week, and that usually makes me a little sad, but I'm actually looking forward to all the new that this year will bring, and I can look forward to getting it out again next year!
I even loved my makeshift stocking holder! :) I especially love those four names surrounding mine. 
Introducing the girls' "new" room!!! Niecey put their new bedding on for me! It's so hard for me to get up on that top bunk, so I appreciated her help so much! The girls even have pillow shams with their initials on them! I love, love, love the bedding so much!
We made Avaree a little reading nook next to her desk! I catch her there all the time! I still have some decorating to do in their room, but I love it so far!
The girls LOVE it. I catch them snuggling together all the time!
Daddy helped them get to the top bunk for this shot!
Sweet smiles. I love how the paint, the curtains, the rugs, everything just works together like it was always meant to be. God is so good. 
That night, Papa and Niecey treated us to Cheesecake Factory! YUMM-Y! B and I split the red velvet cake cheesecake (Ginger is your mouth watering??), and it was SO SO SO good. :) Don't worry, I ate a salad too! ;)

The next day was Christmas Eve! I made us a Christmas Eve lunch of soup and cornbread, and then the girls rested (and I nested) until our Christmas Eve service at 5 pm. Daddy left at 12:30 to head to church, so we didn't see him much that day!

We got to church a little early to take some pictures in all the neat backdrops! I love this one of Papa and Niecey and the girls! (Thanks for the outfits, Gigi. They only wore them at least twice a week for all of December!)
I got it one!
This was my favorite backdrop! So So cute! I love the smiles and laughter!

We were so happy that Papa and Niecey got to stay for our Christmas Eve service! I brought lots of snacks and activities, but I ended up taking Felicity out about thirty minutes into the service just to keep her from distracting everyone!
We came back at the end though! I love singing Silent Night by candlelight, and I love watching my big girl sing it even more!!
Papa and Niecey left right after service to head home, and we managed to get this picture of the four of us. ha! One day! :)
After church, we headed to meet up with some friends for Christmas Eve dinner, and on the way, someone pulled out her own tooth!!!! This was her second tooth, and we were shocked (as was she) that she pulled it out herself!!!
She wanted to pose with Emma Grace because EG had lost her top two teeth, and AG had lost her bottom two teeth! :) Sweet friends!
After dinner, we headed straight home, put the girls in their Christmas jammies, read the Christmas story, and then we got them straight to bed! :) I didn't get another picture that night, but I got plenty the next day! I went to bed sooooo happy that we would get to spend the whole next day together! 
Merry Christmas EVE! :)

No comments: