Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Mimi's Legacy

On Saturday afternoon, I was trying to unload the dishes, so I needed Daddy to turn on The Wiggles for the girls. This is what he did! ;) Love it! 
My Maw Maw gave Felicity these little Princesses while we were there for Thankgsiving, and the girls have played with them non-stop! Love their concentration!

On November 30th, we got the call that Brandon's Mimi had gone to be with Jesus. This was something that we had been praying for in the last ten days, as she was suffering and ready, but it is never easy to hear those words. We immediately started making plans to get to College Station. It was the week of Hanging of the Greens at church, and B already had two funerals scheduled for the week, but God worked out all the details, and we were able to go down Monday evening, and we came back on Wednesday afternoon after the funeral. 

Aside from all of Brandon's memories with Mimi and Dee, I spent a lot of time with Mimi when I lived in College Station. Her apartment wasn't far from mine, so I would walk there on the evenings that B was working and watch Wheel of Fortune with her. I also went to Sunday School with her for almost two years. I gleaned a lot of wisdom from that class, and I'll treasure that time. 

This is what I wrote about Mimi the night that we got home...

I am thankful for the grace, strength, and wisdom of the generations that have taught us so much. Today our family celebrated the life of Brandon's Mimi! She was wise, kind, stubborn, and loved her family fiercely. I will always treasure the times that I got to just sit and listen to her stories. She treated me like I had always been a part of her family. What a gift that our girls got to know their Great GREAT Grandmother!

This is Avaree when she was ten months old with Mimi!
 This is Mimi with Avaree on her first Christmas!
 …and this is Felicity's five generation picture with Mimi, Mema, Gigi, and Daddy! What a gift!
 This is my favorite picture.
What a gift the generations are…
These are the hands of Mimi, Mema, Gigi, Daddy, and Avaree.
Beautiful.
 Once we got to College Station, we got a little sleep, and then we headed out to run a few errands on Tuesday morning. Somehow, Daddy added a trip to Wings 'n More into our schedule! ;)
 By the time we got back to Gigi's house, sister was OUT!
 She had a long couple of days, and she was absolutely exhausted. Can you tell?
 Later that afternoon, we headed to Centerville for Mimi's visitation.
Afterward, we went with the whole extended family for a later dinner at a little cafe in Buffalo! This is the "kid" table!
 …and the adult table!
 The next morning we had a HUGE surprise when Avaree told us that she couldn't eat breakfast because her tooth was so loose!
 Daddy wiggled it just a little bit...
 …and suddenly it was in the paper towel!!!
 She couldn't believe it!!
 So proud!
 Look at that snaggletooth smile!
 Daddy carried her tooth in his pocket for the rest of the day!

 Daddy and his girls standing in front of both girls' five generation pictures with Mimi!

 All of us...
 Uncle D and Sweet Blair!
 Shea shea sent me this picture of beautiful Karrington with Felicity! My girls just adore her!!!
 I took these pictures of Mimi's grandsons and oldest great-grandsons carrying her casket.
 So special.
 After the graveside service, we all had lunch at First Baptist Centerville. Aunt Suzie said it best: This is Mimi's legacy!
 …and this is Mema's family :)
Mema's four kids, their kids, and their kids (at least those that are old enough)! :)
 This is a picture of Mema's grandkids and great-grandkids (so far)! What a gift to all be together for a bit--even under difficult circumstances.
Avaree, Felicity, and Greyson are three of Mema's four (almost five) great-grandchildren (Blair was eating, and Brandt won't be here until Janurary)! Do you think they have personalities?
When we got home that afternoon, we took Daddy straight to church, so that he could get ready for Hanging of the Green, adult choir, band and HOG band rehearsals. It was a super long day for him.

Meanwhile, the girls and I just needed to get to bed. Avaree was so pumped to put her tooth under her pillow! She woke up to a note and a dollar! She said that she heard bells when the tooth fairy came!!
The next night I just couldn't get it all together with all that we had on, so my Mom gifted us dinner, and Felicity tried pizza for the first time. She LOVED it. :)
 This was her second piece. She wanted to eat it like a big girl!

 Meanwhile, Avaree ate Mimi's favorite, spinach salad. :)

So thankful for those that spend a lifetime loving the Lord and serving their families. 
Look what that has done...

No comments: