Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Family Time is the BEST time!

When we got home from our super fun tea party, I put Felicity down for a nap, and then I walked back in the living room and found Avaree sound asleep on the bean bag!! That NEVER happens! It had been a LONG few weeks though, and we were all pooped!

When she woke up, we painted! :) Paint always makes my people happy!
Sweet babies on a productive Thursday!!
Friday morning, we got to have a FAMILY day!!!!! It was SO needed and SO simple and special! B and I had decided the night before that we were going to surprise the girls with a breakfast date before finishing up our Christmas shopping and going by to see Grandmother and Pop!
We hadn't been out to eat in awhile (except with sweet grandparents), so it was already a big deal that we were going out to eat! We went to Old West Cafe! It is so yummy and they have HUGE kids' meals for under five dollars, so the girls were able to split, and then I gave Felicity my eggs (she is a HUGE egg lover)! Anyway, we had a wonderful breakfast together! The kind where everyone is happy, you get to have real conversations, and the little sister stays in her high chair the whole time without a single fuss! :) Then, to our surprise, our waiter came over (we thought he was bringing our check) and told us that someone had paid for our meal and just said, "Merry Christmas." In other seasons of life, we have done this for others many times, but it had never been done for us. 
So, it was amazing to get to experience such generosity from a stranger, and it was incredible to get to talk to our girls about generosity and love--espeically with Avaree. Our girls have no idea how blessed they are, and in many ways that is our doing, but I love that they got to witness something so tangible! That's G! ;)
After breakfast, we went to Gracie Lane to finish up our Christmas shopping! I really wanted to find a few special and unique gifts--while staying in my budget! This is the "smallest" Christmas we have every had budget-wise, but I think it's going to be the best! :) It's not about the gifts anyway! 
The girls were so good in GL, and they found this sweet little rug to play on for a bit!
That evening, I wrapped all the presents! 
The next morning, Daddy had to go to church for a bit, so the girls and I snuggled on the couch. It's always funny to watch Felicity try to get "around" her brother and sit directly on my lap! ;)
When Daddy got home, we decorated our gingerbread house!!!! (Thank you, Aunt Connie, for starting this tradition for us when Avaree was little bitty!)
Family fun!!!!
The girls were SO into decorating this year!
Felcity didn't make it much longer after this… she started stealing candy!

Notice her sneaky little hands!
…and she has a peppermint in her mouth that she stole off the roof of the house!
Avaree and I finished the house together!

She was so proud!!!
Later that evening, she and Daddy worked on her latest loose tooth! It wasn't quite ready yet, but she was still proud and so brave!
Sunday night, we started a new tradition (for our little family) of looking at Christmas lights! I had a Starbucks gift card left over from one of my students almost two years ago, so we got warm drinks at Starbucks and headed out! Felicity squealed with delight!
Avaree LOVED the Grinch neighborhood!
Several houses were set to music and had their own radio frequencies!

When we got home, it was time for more tickle fight!!!!
We LOVE family time sooooo much! I can't wait for our Christmas Day together!!!!

Merry Christmas EVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
We are making Jesus' birthday cake today!!!! Then, it's off to church! 

No comments: