Saturday, December 20, 2014

It's December!!!!

A sweet friend in our sunday school class hosted an amazing Mommy and Me Christmas Party where we got to wear jammies (or at least the girls did--I don't have any that fit, ha!). We had so much fun!

Avaree had fun decorating her bag!

Then we made our footprint craft with the help of Mrs. Sue! :) 
Avaree's favorite part of the party was the cookie decorating! Mrs. Nicole even made her a gluten free gingerbread house! So sweet! Of course, she got busy icing and decorating one side of the house, and we ended up taking the rest of the gingerbread house home with us! She makes the YUMMIEST sugar cookies ever! 
Little sis was really interested!
…and she may have swiped Ave's cookie once or twice!
So, we headed to the little kid table to let little sis decorate her own cookie!
So sweet!

Our friend, Anderson, did a great job on his cookie too!
Of course, in the time it took me to take that picture of Anderson, sister started eating the icing off of her cookie!
Meanwhile, sister finished her cookie, and began eating it! Can you tell how thick the icing is on that cookie?
Look at that face!
We also had a Christmas book exchange! This is a picture of most of the kiddos with their new books!
I also took pictures of all the Moms/Kiddos at the party, and my sweet friend, Carrie, took this of the girls and me! I love their sweet little faces!!!!
My girls mean the world to me.
The next morning, the girls wore their new matching sweaters from Uncle D and Aunt J! 
I asked them to smile for me, and this is what happened!



Aren't they the cutest?!

Love.
That morning was Daddy's big Hanging of the Green Musical, and they did great! :) 
Mom Mom and Pop Pop drove up that afternoon and kept the girls for us that night!
We got to drive to Little Elm for Mr. Jake's ordination service! I got lots of loving' from this pretty girl!
Timber and I took several selfies! ;)
We sent this one to Avaree!
Daddy got to participate in Jake's ordination service and pray over him. It was hard to stay composed, but it sure helped to see these smiles! :)


We had so many middle of the night talks in each other's driveways when we lived in Little Elm, and there was just something extra special about being there sitting next to Ginger and watching our husbands deep in prayer. I know that God is going to do big things with this precious family. No matter where God leads us, I know we will stay friends: we are connected at the heart. I'm so very thankful that we could be there for this special moment in their lives.


I'm getting closer to being caught up, and it's almost time to sing Happy Birthday to Jesus! SO much to be thankful for! :)

No comments: